The Camera in my pocket..!!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Marley Farley, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :( That is such a shame then Woo..!!! :wink: I bet they only have it running because we have had so much rain this year that they thought it would help to stop floods where you are...!!!!!!!:lollol::lollol:

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Hi Marley They have put up a Notice now No Photography:dh:I suppose it is because of the Childrens Play Area,I shall just catch the moment when it is empty of people:wink::)

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Lovely photo, woo :thumb:

Putting up a notice like that in a public park is a stupid thing to do! :mad:
    If they tried that round here I would be kicking up a real stink about it. :)
    The local authorities have got used to me pointing out their stupidity (and their good points) and it is not too difficult to get them to change their minds. It just needs persistence and logic plus a little stirring in the local papers :thmb:. Yes, I know that talking about logic and local authorities is an oxymoron :D.

(Tongue in cheek comment) If it is because of the children - which you say rarely use the park - wouldn't it be better to ban the children? :scratch: :D

4. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Hi Shiney I have Persistence and Logic in Abundance and I am in The Process doing something about it,:thmb:
    But I have found that sofly sofly catchee Monkey Works the Best:cool:But I have asked a lot of the local member,s of the Public and all I get is (well you can understand why ,Can't you) :dh:and yes I can understand why,I have even had the Police stop me on my Morning walk and asked to see the Photo,s I have taken,but it was just Birds and Bees Ect,The problem is getting worse round here Its happening to a lot of Photographer,s,so I have arranged to see the Chief Constable To try and sort this out :thmb:and then If that does'nt give me the results then its the Local Press:thumb::)

5. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    good grief Woo sorry to hear about your run in with the law,its a shame we are treated
    like this. as you know we live in a small village,with thankfully no bother,a couple of weeks ago,my husband was standing at the bus stop he was holding a small plastic bag containing some fish he was
    taking to an old lady,the police stopped and asked him ,whats in your bag,my hubby replied,a TV AND A
    VIDEO,they just laughed and went on their way.don't they have better things to do, instead of harassing pensioners,born and bred here,
    hope your keeping fine Kathy x

6. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Hi Kathy I am fine thank you ,and you?:) I am harassing the Police Constable now and have an appointment with my M P ,They will be sorry they started this (Hell hath no fury like an Owl scorned):thmb::lollol:

7. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
  8. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes do it, damn, this world is reaching levels of absurdity that make me feel sick, I am happy someone has the persistence to fight it, WOO is my hero! and no no irony is involved in this statement, I really admire what you are doing.

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    It's a shame how society overeacts these days but how do you tell if you have a genuine nature loving photographer or a pevert taking pictures you either stop them all taking pictures in sensitive area ie (childrens playground area) or you randomly stop them and search the images on their camera I have no objection to that as long as it is done in a polite manner.

10. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :( Trouble is Walnut, unfortunately, it seems most of our police have lost their polite manner & innocent till proven guilty attitude today...!!!!:mad:

:thmb: Good luck at your meetings Woo, although I feel it should not be necessary...!!!! GO TELL 'EM WOO....!!!!!!:thmb:

11. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    go for it Woo i know what the others are saying,i myself have just put a photo in the seasonal competition,of the kids playing in the park,oops have i made a bloomer
    sorry if i have broken the law ,maybe some one could delete it for me please
    thanks kathy xx

12. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Well done, woo :thumb:. You tell 'em :thmb:

13. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Well done Woo - good luck!

14. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
  15. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,480
    This is an 'if only ' pic taken in Denver Botanical Gardens last august.

If only I could have a greenhouse like this!!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.