The great GC weigh-in!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by UsedtobeDendy, Jan 6, 2007.

1. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Glad you're ok again, Waco! Bunny sounds quite a character! :D

Looking forward to those photos, BM - but what makes you think we can't cope with before? :rolleyes:

Well, I went swimming today, and with the aid of my float, swam about 200m, including 2 x 20m lengths of the pool, a leisure one which is rather odd - the lengths are the same depth all the way, it's the breadths that get deeper or shalower..... [​IMG]

Looking forward to the lesson on Thursday!

Oh, and I was so full of energy that I walked the dogs too - just the one hour instead of their usual 2 hours, but I ahd an excuse - it was getting too dark to go along the canal.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well done Dendy with the swimming. I like the sound of your pool, I have to confess that the deep end scares me so to swim a length at the same depth sounds ideal.

3. Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yippeeee!!! Just thought I'd let you know that the pair of trousers that started me on this diet because the wouldn't meet now fit comfortably!!!!! As beloved says that's better than looking at the scales.

4. dalbuie

dalbuie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well done Celia, I think your beloved is right, getting clothes to fit again is a great feeling.I also think we sometimes get hung up a bit on numbers, I know I do. Not been a good week for me up 2lbs had a busy and very stressful week with our new dog (excuses, excuses!!)Never mind its another week, how did everyone else do ?

5. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,162
    Good morning GC weight-watchers! Today I am 10st 8lbs so down another one for a total loss of 9lbs.

I don't know if I'll be able to keep this up as I haven't weight this little in 25 years plus so it may be a struggle for me from now on. The three inches off the waist is great though.

6. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick hello from me this morning - well done everyone - Ive stayed the same again! Will try harder this week I promise :(

7. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    1lb for me, a snotty restful week all last week. [​IMG]

8. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Snap BM I lost 1lb too which I am actually surprised about.

More later, got a bit of a crisis with Mr Waco

9. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Glad everyone's still positive and hanging on in there...... and yes, Celia - I totally agree, the clothes fitting shows a lot more than the figures on the scales do. That's what helps me a lot - particularly over the last couple of weeks, when I knew I was improving my shape, and toning up muscles. Still, the figures on the scales give a guide to how you're doing if taking lots of exercise isn't a practical proposition.

I went down 2lbs this week, to 9st 10, so that's down 4 altogether - not very much, but better than nothing, and e shape is definitely better.

Swimming - well, I went twice last week, and can swim a lot with the float, but am completely unable to let go of it - so I'll just have to keep going and persevering, so that I am so used to being in the water I'll be able to take that step....... a VERY big one! :D

10. Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Congratulations to everyone with the wieght loss and exercising. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Started my new exercise regime: digging the vege plot, not to mention the rhubarb bed! Didn't know you could get muscles there!!

11. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Oh, you can Celia - and they can hurt like blazes..... :rolleyes:

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,162
    You are doing really well Celia, just keep it up, and I didn't mention earlier, great on those trousers that now fit!

13. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Well done all but I can't help thinking tou would find it less of a struggle if you didn't gain the weight in the first place its all about discipline,eat sensibly, exercise regularly and take time out to relax, watch the scales give yourself a tolerance range if one week you creep above it miss a meal or cut down until your back on track

14. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,162
    Wise words, walnut ... that's a big www! However, it is now "after the fact" so the struggle is on.

I WILL get out on my mountainbike and get into the orchards once our rains have stopped ... we have no proper roads here so it's dirt tracks which are potholed and not very nice when it's muddy! :D :D

15. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Mr D used to say that too, Walnut - the he started to put on weight and has found it isn't quite as easy as it sounds....

Most of the time, though, that's exactly what I've done, over the last 5 years or so since I've been gardening, and it's been easy - but since I started getting injuries, it's brought me down to a different level of exercise, which I hadn't managed to adjust my eating to fit - plus I was fed up..... and that doesn't help :rolleyes:

This sort of weigh-in isn't meant to be any sort of diet - I've said that several times - it's just somewhere for people to give each other support as they change their eating and exercise habits to be more like the way you describe.

Once everyone gets to their ideal weight-range / jeans size, whatever, theyll be able to get out there on their bikes, or whatever, and be as sensible as you!! :D

(And isn't whatever such an annoying word....... :rolleyes: )