The great GC weigh-in!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by UsedtobeDendy, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    I like the sound of a latina work-out :D

Glad it was fun at Jazzercise Scotkat [​IMG]

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,161
    My exercise has just gone out of the window as I have severe lower back pain, have taken 600mg Ibuprofen and have an electric heating pad up the back of my sweater! Hope whatever it is goes away so I can be on target for Monday.

3. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Sounds like it was fun, Sotkat! And don't you feel good after exercise! :D Unless, of course, you strain something - you poor thing, LoL.

The best thing after the pain has passed the acute stage is to take very gentle exercise - don't be tempted to do nothng, as that doesn't help. Swimming is what everyone recommends - do you have a pool anywhere near? Or in the back garden?? :rolleyes:

4. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,161
    Each of the apartments has a pool, but I don't fancy icy water, thank you very much. No to the garden. I'll do some gentle stretching exercises later.

5. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    LoL they reckon when you have a back spasm you should use ice packs not heat and Dendy is absolutely right try to keep moving one gentle excersise is to lie on your back feet straight out in front then one at a time bring your legs up to your chest bending your knee as you bring them up you may only get part way up to begin with but gradually it will improve

6. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,161
    Thanks, walnut, have been stretching in bed and bringing my feet up to my butt (can I say that?) as that relieves it but will do as you say.

7. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Well, it's Monday again...... 9st 8lbs - down another 2, total of 6lbs, and 1lb to go to reach the top of my target weight range! WAHAY!! Must be all that swimming....... :D
    Just registered the fact that it's a month since we started....... and 3 months to the date when I got Charlie - seems like a LOT longer than that :rolleyes: :D

8. dalbuie

dalbuie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well done dendrobium, exercise and healthy eating combined certainly speeds the weight loss.
    I need to practice what I preach, up another 2lbs, things are not going well at the moment but hey! its Monday again. Going to have to get my finger out on this. I'm nearly back to when I started. :(

9. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well done Dendy and never mind Dalbuie, as you say, today is another day. Unfortunately, I got injured playing netball on Sat - my knee is the size of a melon and I cant walk on it! Trouble is, Ive done it before a few years ago and I know how long it takes to recover :( I am forced to eat little cos am on my own today and it takes so much effort to get to the kitchen ;) So no exercise for me for ages :( I get to spend a lot of time on here though :D

10. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,161
    Well done, dendro, and keep that chin up dalbuie. Marge, take care of yourself there and that knee ... at least you were doing something positive when it happened! :D

Today I am no change at 10st 8lbs, but that is still 9 down from where I started. I actually thought I'd put a pound back on due to my non-activities (other than painting) for the past five days. The antibiotics and pain killers stressed me a bit and I started eating sweets as a comfort! :eek:

I'm feeling better today so hopefully will get back on track.

11. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry LOL, missed your post about your back - ouch - hope its better soon x

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,161
    Thanks, marge, actually it turned out to be a kidney infection. Just had a cherry cereal bar but that's healthy at least!

13. Blondie

Blondie Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there you enthusiastic lot,mind if I join in :confused: .I might as well be completly honest. Im 5ft8,aged 28 and at the moment weigh 14stone :( . Im still humfing around baby weight from over a year ago and finding it hard to get motivated after stopping full time work(milking cows for 12hours a day for over 7 years). My work always kept me fit but ive never been below 11 stone which is my target before the summer. Want to lose at least a stone before the 20th of March as got a 4wk lambing job and will need to be fit to chase sheep around 12 hours a day! Do you recomend me joining a slimming class?

14. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,161
    Hi, Blondie! Welcome to the club!

I have found it a really great incentive having all this wonderful encouragement. We are all doing our own thing, some joining clubs, swimming, exercising, dieting. Some want to lose weight, others inches, others shape up and generally feel better about themselves.

If you're having a bad time, come on and talk about it, we're all here!

15. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Ahh LoL, didn't recognise you there, I thought it was a spider.SCAREY!

I lost 1lb again, now 10stone 4Lb, I destroyed my only fitable pair of jeans on the greenhouse, but I am not buying another pair until I am below 10stone, having said that, when I get there, all my old jeans will fit me again anyway.

LoL kidney infections are supposed to be very painful, hope you are feeling better.

Well done all you lot and Blondie watch out for Dendy, she drives a hard weight loss regime ;)

Oh and you think spiders are scarey, I just had to pick my cleaner up from the hospital this morning and the NHS is definately frightning!!!

AND I have been looking at 10 banana seeds since Saturday scared stif of planting them, but at least we got sunshine.