The great GC weigh-in!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by UsedtobeDendy, Jan 6, 2007.

1. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    What a thing to say about me, Waco!! :eek: :D

Hi, Blondie! You're most welcome to join us - better than any slimming club! As LoL says, we're here to be an encouragement, and a shoulder to cry on if necessary! What more incentive could you need? :rolleyes:

Marge - you poor thing! I hated not being able to get about with the ankle prob, so you have all my sympathy. Do you need some DVDs?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Never mind, Dalbuie - jsut walk that dog more - he won't mind!

LoL - in a way it's good news about the kidney infection, I suppose - it's a question of taking the antibiotics, and it'll get better, rather than ahving to go through all the rehab of getting a bad back better..... Always look on the bright side of life!! (Everyone starts whistling...... :rolleyes: )

2. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh dendy, I was once told that you only teased those you loved

XXXX

Thanks for all you encouragement

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,161
    You thought I was a spider, Waco ???? I thought you were my friend ... I seem to have a lot of strange friends on this forum! I'm not sure if that's good or bad ... I shall have to ponder on this for a while. [​IMG]

That's encouraging as always, dendro ... :rolleyes:

4. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    It's those palm trees, LoL - I can see exactly what Waco meant! :D

I'm honoured to be counted in that category, Waco! :cool:

Take care everyone - 1 month in, and lots of determination have been shown! We'll get there!!

5. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Room for a small one, 3lbs. Would have posted earlier but I was busy digesting my late roast dinner from yesterday. Bloody lovely it was with all the christmas trimmings :D

6. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    So you're living proof you can eat well, and still lose weight, Bananaman! :D

Well done!

How much longer do you intend to keep losing weight, though? We do need you to have enough weigh to shift those big banana trees by your back door......... :rolleyes: ;)

7. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    All in moderation, and I was moderately stuffed. Doesn't happen very often, a treat for polishing Lady BM's car.

Lifting weights, I was thinking the same. I am picking up a 100KGs of punch bags on saturday and I was wondering if I would find it as easy now 3 stones lighter. I paid delivery for my last one but ended up carrying it for the wimpy van driver down the street anyway. My old 35KG bag is too light for the pasting it gets with the gloves. Fitness and shape are the order from now on really, but I would expect to lose maybe 1-2 stones more in doing that. [​IMG]

We will all be fitter more gorgeous specimins for the summer :D

8. dalbuie

dalbuie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow! another 1-2stones BM, mabey we should have some before and after pics [​IMG]

9. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    There was a great photo in BM's profile a little while back, Dalbuie, but not any more...... I strongly suspect a little photographic embellishment had happened to it, but if not, it was a good before :D

Think we might have to be satisfied with gorgeous after :rolleyes:

I had a treat last night too - so, don't let it linger, back to swimming again today! That's one of the many things I think Weight Watchers ahs got right - there's nothing wrong with having something "forbidden" - just balance it out, don't make a habit of it, and get plenty of exercise.

10. Blondie

Blondie Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the messages of support but not having a good day! Went to the Bakers to buy some bread [​IMG] not a pinapple tart! and noticed a weight watchers notice that showed meetings on monday night and tuesday mornings at 10am and it was quater to so i decided to go along. But then they weighed me! A shocking 14stone 13lbs :( :eek: !! Think my bathroom scales are well knackered and nearly a whole stone heavier than i first thought. Oh well perhaps it was the kick up the butt i needed,needless to say im off to get my bike out the garage and go for a very long cycle to burn some of that extra fat off!! Oh and nearly forgot what makes things even worse is that just had some of my rare pigs butchered and got a freezer full of mouthwatering prime pork and bacon!!!!!! [​IMG]

11. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Oh dear, Blondie! But as you say - a kick up the rear is sometimes just what's needed. But do remember that you normally weigh yourself first thing in the morning, when you're at your lightest, and without clothes - but you can't exactly do that at the WW meeting! :D

The best part of using WW is that you get all their stuff - the tracker, points system info, bonus points, rewards, and all that, as well as the dreaded weigh-in........ And you set a target of losing 10%, don't you? So that's manageable.

Take heart from Bananaman - have you seen how much he's lost? :eek: :D It can be done!!

Just come on here and we'll all come running when you feel tempted by all that pork and bacon!

12. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    As long as you are really lardy to begin with :D :( :D

13. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Blondie, I don't see whats wrong with pork and bacon, just leave out the fried bread and potatoes.
    I do much better cutting down on carbs than counting calories, I would far sooner have smoked salmon and cream cheese for breakfast than a bowl of cornflakes.

14. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    BM - :D So true!! If I lost that much I wouldn't be able to pick up a trowel, let alone a spade!

I don't think there's anything wrong with an food, Waco - but when something is tasty, it's a bit tempting to have too much of it...... and oddly enough, the tastiest things are often those with most fat in them, or most sugar, or both!! How about a nice big chocolate eclair? Sorry, folks - that's not fair, is it!!

Smoked salmon and cream cheese sounds like a very exotic breakfast - but I'm sure you feel good after it, Waco! Since I'm veggie, it wouldn't go down well with me - I generally have either toast, cereals of some sort, or a banana, and a cup of tea. The main thing is to have something, whatever it is.

15. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,161
    Hey, Waco, come over and join t'other half for a brunch ... I assume you'd like the bubbly with it as well? On the deck perhaps?