The great GC weigh-in!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by UsedtobeDendy, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    Waco, we're talking serious biz here! :rolleyes:

BM, each year they have the Mamamaratona Run in Silves where we shop ... obviously it's in aid of breast cancer. They do a different tee shirt every year ... t'other half has every one. If you'd like one, let me know, okay?

2. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Definitely, boas mamas. I will PM you my Cup size :D

3. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    I'm afraid to say there is no change with me again. I did lose one pound by mid week but it somehow found me again! :(

Having first the kidney infection and then popping my back out hasn't helped as I have to admit I haven'nt exercised in about ten days now! [​IMG]

N'er mind, off to buy some jeans shortly .... [​IMG]

4. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Measured my waiste and still the same, was so pleased when I saw my weight, and when I checked back to see what it originally was, realised I have put on 2 lbs.!!!! Well, I have been to the Chinese restaurant 3 times in 8 days as it happens, so serves me right! :D :D

Will have to get down to some serious exercise! [​IMG] :D

5. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Hi everyone, a pound for me this week.

For anyone that has slipped or losing faith, just remember its not where you have been but where your going thats important. Keep going, today is a new day. :D

I salute you DAG that is impressive [​IMG] [​IMG]

Even though I don't cut things out, I draw the line at chinese. I could fill my boots, arms head and everyother available space in my body with a tasty chinese. [​IMG] No control where chop suey and chow mein are concerned :rolleyes:

6. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well dont to all of you who are still tryingStill cant balance on the scales which is prob just as well cos Im sure Ive put on pounds being so innactive :( Never mind, thanks for the encouragement BM and will be back on track soon :D

7. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Same as LoL - no change to report.... But I didn't expect it, as I've not been 100% this week, with a bit of stomach bug over the past few days. Still, back to normal now, and will start going swimming again tomorrow. Since it's half term here, chancs are the pool will be a bit busier than usual, though :rolleyes:

Keep going everyone! Listen to BM - the voice of experience and full of wisdom! If nothing else remember "avoid Chinese!" Actually, that makes me think - when did we last have any sort of takeaway? Months ago!! That's a surprise! :D

Keep resting that leg, Marge - it'll pay off in the long run (if that's not a stupid thing to say in the circs!)

8. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    I hope your knee is better soon marge, just get better and don't feel guilty or bad about prioritising your knee recovery over losing a couple of pounds. Lots of time to exercise when it is better.

One thing to bear in mind when losing weight is that it needs to be combined with exercise and healthy eating. As far as injuries are concerned muscle wastage is what we don't want, fat loss is what we do want. :D

Ironically marge you hurt your knee exercising, doh! :rolleyes: :D Having tried to slice my knee off at school jumping through a window, my left knee is definitely weaker from scar tissue. I am very conscious when losing weight to maintain the strength and muscle in my dodgy knee.

Sorry you have not been well dendy, I hope the pool isn't too choppy with extra swimmers.

9. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    I keep praising Weight Watchers - hope nobody takes it as advertising..... BUT they do have a sensible approach to the "feeling guilty, binging and giving up" scenario that most of us would recognise :rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG]

The idea that you spread things over a week, have bonus points from exercise, and being flexible enough to use this sensibly in letting you have a treat from time to time, while establishing good eating habits, is, IMHO, a very good thing.

As BM says,

"For anyone that has slipped or losing faith, just remember its not where you have been but where your going thats important. Keep going, today is a new day. :D "

10. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks BM [​IMG] Its ironic alright isnt it? :rolleyes: Hope youre feeling better Dendyxx

11. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Would just like to say that I don't have a problem with passing by Chinese Restaurants, but Mrs.DAG drags me in, honest!!!!! :D :D

12. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
  13. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Well, been a bit quiet on the Weight Watching front recently, due to "issues" (have just come home and signed up to join UNISON)leading to major, major stress....

but, have lost 3 lbs in total, so at least I'm not putting on........

Well done to everyone else.... and next time you are passing the Chinese, DAG, I'll join you!!!! [​IMG]

14. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    Hey, we can go from our obsessive love of bread and butter to our Chinese meals now!

BM Babe, I'll help you with Chop Suey and Chow Mein any day ... if we share it, there's only half the calories! :D

15. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    That bad, HoneyBee? Oh dear.... :eek: If it's bad enough to make you join the union, it has to be bad. (Don't let Mr D hear me say that, he's a union stalwart!)

Well done for losing 3 lbs despite all the hassle -
    and keep cycling! :D

Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone - yes, I'm feeling a lot better - just not quite myself yet, but swimming tomorrow will probably fix that. Mr D has been much worse, and is actually taking today off work :eek: Not a normal circumstance for him!