The great GC weigh-in!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by UsedtobeDendy, Jan 6, 2007.

1. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
  2. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    miraflores, you can vote/see me in the photo comp :D

If people are stuck for exercise ideas I can recommend a Trimlin Pro Fitness Trampoline.

If your kids, health or any other reason tie you to the house for long periods (like me), there is no better investment for keeping trim. Thinking of older or delicate joints this low impact exercise is really really good and easy to fit in between gardeners Corner (of course!). ;) I also have a step machine but its a real muscle killer and can leave you feeling stiff and restricted as it seriously tires the muscles which is not necessarily what you want. Before and after bag work etc it works as a really good warm up and release for the muscles you have been pounding.

I can't recomend the site but the product is the best investment I have made for my health.

http://www.3leggedcross.co.uk/trampolines/fitness_trampolines.php

Without the young blonde (although different make) ;)

http://www.mobilityonthenet.co.uk/cart.php?target=product&product_id=18280&category_id=483

Also I have a pedometer which should read 10,000 steps at the end of the day or I have been sat on my bum to long. :rolleyes:

3. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    OK - I'll join in...... got a few pounds to lose, after having a fit when I got on the Bathroom scales (I still reckon they are wrong and my jeans have shrunk in the wash.... [​IMG] [​IMG] )...

and BM - I can alway use the Kiddie's trampoline in th garden - its a bit bigger than yours at 10ft!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    I've seen these in use, BM - seem a great thing, and should be reasonably gentle on the joints! :D

I'm lucky that I don't have things to tie me to the house (now that the achilles is returning slowly to normal...) - so I can do cheap things like dog-walking, and people actually pay me to garden for them! :D Well, once the spring has started, that is......

I've said before that my resolution is to learn to swim. I believe that's one of the best exercises available - and it's not too expensive either. But my cheapest thing is to iron to music! :D

5. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Great to see you HB! All ready for weighing in on Monday morning, everyone?

No going out and getting the hair cut, or taking laxatives, mind........ - you'd have to do it every week, and you'd be bald, and not at all well very soon! :rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    Hi, Honey Bee ... hope you had a nice Christmas and New Year and pleased to see you're going to "show yourself" to the forum finally! You did read where pics have to go up ????? :D :D :D

7. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    Monday mornings are not a good time for me - work/school/hoards arriving at 7.15am.... [​IMG] [​IMG] but will weigh in after work at mid afternoon.....

do you think the neighbours will laugh at me/ think I've lost it if I go for a bounce in the garden?????

8. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    I regularly boogie with my baby BM's, but Ironing would be dangerous at our raves ! ;) The trampolines are good for those not ready to bear all at the pool. :eek:

Oooo Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww member :D
    [​IMG]

Hi HoneyBee, you should definitely sue zanussi !!!

9. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    BM - yup - my thoughts exactly!!!!! it's got NOTHING to do with all the kiddies' choccie!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hi LOL...... Hope you had a super Christmas and New year too... ours went past in a flash!!!! (just like all those choccies on my hips!!!!)... whats this about putting pics of ourselves up?????!!!! Better find that wide-angled lense then, an hope I don't get thrown off the forum for posting offensive material!!!!!
    :eek:

10. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Ignore LoL - she's winding you up, HB!!

BM - there are LOADS of people who don't ahve any qualms about baring all at the pool, and they're not all beach-babes either! I mean, who cares what someone else looks like in their cossy? We're all too self-conscious!!

11. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    Meu ... I don't wind anyone up ... maybe like to tease a little ... :rolleyes: Come on, Doll, join us ...

12. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    About clothes and sizes... I would like to see the fashion world drag more attention to the plus sizes and very large sizes and have some overweight models to present their clothes.

There is no point having all these thin models presenting clothes and then you look around you in the street and there are these overweight ladies dressed with some curtains just because there is nothing beautiful for them to buy and they are just lost...

Overweight and obesity are present and growing and deserve some consideration...

13. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    RE clothes and sizes - I completely agree, MF. I loved the Dove campaign, where they used "real" women, with real bodies in it! :D

Being overweight or obese is a serious issue, and needs to be tackled, yes. There are lots of government initiatives about it - it's in the news all the time, but for any individual, it's really up to them to get on and deal with their own problem - unless there's a clinical reason for it, like gland problems. But nobody else can lose weight for you - the idea of this weigh-in is to give each other some moral support and encouragement. I don't think any of us wants to look like Victoria Beckham...... and I don't just mean DAG! :D

14. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    I love the Dove campaign as well ... and they are so gorgeous!

15. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    It is very important to drink some water before, during and after exercising.
    Also, in order to avoid injuring your joints and muscles, or overwork on the heart, it is important to warm up and stretch before exercising and do some cooling off exercises at the end.