The great GC weigh-in!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by UsedtobeDendy, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
    A real womans shape .... Not like a straight stick [​IMG]

3. lynne

lynne Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    curves is goooooooood.
    Well, that's what the Asst.Est.Mgr tells me when I'm worrying about my wobbly bits!

4. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    I've missed out on here for several days - all go here!

Glad to see you're joining us Whiley!

I'm not convinced a weight target is the best thing - maybe a size target? I know I want to fit my size 12s comfortably whatever I'm doing - even when they've just been washed.... I think that's more imnportant to me. But it's easier to measure weight loss, and see how well you're doing, so I suppose it's the best thing really.

5. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ee thank you :D

Just have to learn how to wear my curves now really.

I'd like to be able to get my butt into size 10s. It'll be a stretch as my pelvis isnt planning on shrinking but it would be nice. I hold out little hope for my top half.

I havent weighed myself since posting so i'll weigh tomorrow and post my results!

6. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    I'm getting a bit fed up - STILL no change!!! But work is getting started now, and the weather is improving enough for me to start getting out training for the Race for Life, so that's got to be the boost I need, surely!

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    Static for me also, dendro. Maybe I'll try to make more effort this week to lose that last three. As I've stopped painting for a bit, I have lots of spare time that I could fill up with some exercise, says she! :rolleyes:

8. Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Welcome Claire and Whiley to the weigh it and keep it up folks, I've stuck at 9st 2lb, but I'm not really bothered about the extra 2lbs. I'm going to keep the exercise going as I need to get fitter, though after the workout in the garden this weekend I have more aches and pains than is good for me :D

9. Claire75

Claire75 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, Whiley, go and listen to Sir Mix-A-Lot, Baby got back - that should make you feel better!
    Size targets sound like a good idea - I have a jeans test (i.e. currently can't really fit into my favourite jeans and would like to be able to again) but you're right, weight is easier to measure especially week by week as size change is pretty slow, and it gives you a concrete target - but of course there is the problem that you can lose fat and gain muscle.
    Also, I'm a bit concerned that the PhD might make my brain heavier :D (lol, don't worry, I am not planning on that being a serious excuse!)

10. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    1lb for me :D lots of punching :D

11. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Well done BM - you always seem to manage to keep going..... wish I could. :rolleyes: I just have my usual excuse - it's all turning to muscle!

12. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Hi dendy, I meant to reply Pm you, have been busy moving fishtanks and putting in more equipment. :D Slow and steady wins the race [​IMG]

13. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    So not just lots of punching - it's heavy lifting too! :eek:

Yes, you're quite right about that..... but it's a bit frustrating when I do loads of exercise and there's no change on the scales :( But I know my jeans and other clothes fit better, and there are no flabby bits on my arms, and so on..... just the tummy and legs to get a bit more toned!

Like I've said, swimming regularly (even with my little floats!), training for the Race for Life, as well as the increase in gardening work coming in now - that'll get me the size I want to be, even if the scales still don't help the morale!!

14. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I am the same - but actually not unhappy with that as had a funny week, and will have a funnier one next week - girls evening (oh how I hate evenings without boys) 2 concerts and a sing & tonic dinner, then I have 2 weeks holiday.

Oh I have been so naughty, speaking of which cheers to all of you rhat have lost this week - I am just celebrating demolishing my first bottle of pop outside in the garden 2007 CHEERS!!!!!

15. lynne

lynne Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Couldn't go to Whale Watchers last week, owing to have to wait in for two parcels which the Asst.Est.Mgr was expecting.
    Checking the scales this morning it seems that I have lost 5 1/2lbs in just under 2 weeks. Tomorrow is the official weigh in day. We'll see what lies their scales tell!