The great GC weigh-in!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by UsedtobeDendy, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    Evening, miraflores. You are giving lots of advice here ... are you going to join us?

2. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    So, it's Monday, the first day - and we're already on page 3! :eek:

Looks like I'm starting the ball rolling....... 9st 13lbs. Down 1 lb.

NEXT! :D

3. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Just weighed myself after 'finding' a battery for the scales and was surprised Im 10st 1lb - much less than I thought having not weighed myself for the best part of 3 years!! Am only 5ft1in so am a bit of a barrel :rolleyes: I would like to lose a stone please ;)

4. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    10st 11lbs, down 6 but that's for two weeks, almost halfway there.

If I can keep off the crisps and savoury snacks, I'll do it in a month ... however, my sister arrives Wednesday for two weeks and that means meals out ... :eek: will have to stick to grilled chicken and salad.

5. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Mmm grilled chicken and salad - sounds lovely. I wont give up my evening glass of wine and thats that. Having given up smoking 4 years ago, hence the weight gain, I have to have at least one vice ;)

6. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    LoL I am not joining the diet because I feel resonably allright as I am, plus I would't like the commitment of having to stick to a diet.
    Of course i would do with 5-6 kilos less and a bit of polishing here and there, but my main concern is to feel healthy.
    And I achieve that by eating good food, a little of everything, smoking or drinking very occasionally, plenty of rest, avoiding any straining situations ,
    quiet and simple life....

7. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hello all on this lovely cold and wet Monday!!!

Well, I invested in some new scales yesterday and did a proper weigh-in just now. Very bad, but not as bad as my old ones were saying. I'm not going public with my weight (Yet), but am aiming to shed 21 pounds. So Zero plus 21 - aiming to shed 2 per week, hopefully at first target March 19th. Doesn't sound that far away.....

lets hope 2007 is THE year I finally get my pre-spawning weight back!!!!!

Here's a little ditty my darling youngest made up for me - bless his little cotton socks!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mum, Mum
    Wrinkly old Mum
    With your wobbly tum
    and big fat bum....

bless......

8. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    So, how long is he grounded for then, HB? ;) [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    No noticeable change, but it is only 2 days anyway.

Day one and so much for the best laid plans!

We had a very busy morning shopping and by just gone 12 o'clock as we got back to the car park, she said "I am starving!" Right in front of us was a MacDonald's!!!! :D :D

Only go there with grandchildren in the school holdiays normally, so no excuse, I am a failure! :rolleyes:

On the other hand you could look at it this way, I am being a gentleman and giving you ladies an advantage! :D :D

10. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    If its any consolation Dag, I wouldve sucuumbed too - only have a Mac about twice a year but boy, are they gorgeous!!! [​IMG]

11. dalbuie

dalbuie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Decided to join you all,I weighed myself this morning, havn't done this since before christmas. YIKES!.
    I'm 5'2 and weighed 10st. I'm writing everything down that I eat and doing it the Weight Watchers way by points system. I joined WW about three years ago and lost 2st but it seems to have crept back on.
    I have had a run this morning with Mr D, he's very fit so is doing his best by joining me on my healthy eating plan. My worst time is early evening when I get the munchies, Its usually when I have a glass of wine in my hand so I guess I'll have to lay of the wine for a while until I shift a few pounds.
    [​IMG]

12. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    Let's look at the bright side Honey Bee: little ones loves to jump on us, so, the softer the better....

13. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Definitely ground him, HB!! :D

Glad to see you here too, Dalbuie! IT's great that you have a helpful other half!

Munchies in the evenings - the downfall!! I got the knitting and crochet back out, and got the grapes as a standby.....

14. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I think the best weapon against eating goodies is not to buy them in the first place.

As Mrs.DAG says "They are just sitting there looking at you!" :D :D

Also of course, you can never let them go to waste!

15. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    I had to give up the crochet for a while, Dendro, and take up painting as t'other half says canvases take up less space than afghans/bedspreads, of which I made one a year!

I have bought some royal blue cotton thread through to crochet a top for the summer. Crochet/knitting is good as it's difficult to do it and eat at the same time ... :D