The great GC weigh-in!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by UsedtobeDendy, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Doh ! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    I have 15 foot high ceilings but I don't fancy it at all ... certainly not at my "entering twilight time of age"! :rolleyes:

3. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  4. sheppy

sheppy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I've found a suprising form of exercise with my son's Playstation. So much for sitting infront of a screen, we have an Eye Toy. Interactive game where a camera transforms you into a participant in a number of sports and games. I've cleaned windows, done an army assault course and swam away from a shark! Felt like I'd spent an hour in the gym! Great fun. And hopefully will help get rid of that 5lb I put on over Christmas!

5. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    So, sheppy, are you going to join us after all that horrendous acivity? If not, why are you talking to us here .... hhrrmm! cough!

6. sheppy

sheppy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Horrendous is right! My son got it for christmas, I reached my peak on boxing day and haven't used it since! I'm going to think myself slim! It might work!!

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Being over weight is a mental problem which results in a physical problem its all about self discipline eat quality food(not quantity) and excercise moderately to start with, anyone can make excuses not to do something Celia start as suggested by walking don't use the weather for an excuse there are plenty of good waterproofs out there as Bman suggests start with using a step even if you live in a bungalow you can improvise cut out the sweet stuff you have to start somewhere, good luck

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    A dog is a useful exercise motavator,they need regular walks.If the weather is inclement then celebrity exercise Video/DVD's do the job just as well...There is no need for excuse.Remember,1 lb of fat lost is 3,500 calories burnt.Thre are loads of booklets in the shops that list the calarific and sometimes fat values of food.They even have brand and shop names listed.For more insperation there are also slimming magazines to buy and read.When I was put on Steroids years ago my weight ballooned,but I lost 31,lb through a combination of healthy eating,fast walking and also running,which is for me an easy way to shed the weight...

9. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi Sheppy

Wats this game called and is it for a PS2????
    Sounds like a game I won't mind the boys playing (including the grown up one) when its too wet to throw them out on the trampoline!!!!!!

10. Dave_In_His_Garden

Dave_In_His_Garden Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi HB,

Not to pre-empt Sheppy, but the Eye Toy is a device that plugs into your PS2 and gives you a feedback picture on screen. You can see yourself on screen performing the tasks (popping balloons, playing baseball, boxing etc). Most of the games are pretty family friendly, and good for younger kids. As has already been mentioned, if you work hard at it, you feel like you've been in the gym by the end of the game! ;)

There's a link here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_Toy

11. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    check out this from Nathan for some great low fat curries!!!!

Webmaster's curry link

Dave - thanks - I'll have a browse!!!!

12. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
  13. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi BM

Thanks - that's mini HoneyB's birthday prezzie sorted......and I quite like look of the martial arts training too. (for me - not the hooligans - they don't need encouraging!!!)

Right - I'm off to bed 'coz I've come down with the dreaded lurgies and have no voice and feel like poop.....

See you all later [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I have this strange attitude to "the gym" I compare it to hamsters going round those wheels in their little cages.

Surely as gardeners and house keepers we can find enough excercise within out own patch without being hampsters. (says me sat here listening to my cleaner hoover upstairs!)

After my accident when I struggled to lift even empty the dishwasher, I made excercises out of lifting little plates one by one into the top cupboard.

As to eating "sensible" its very difficult if you are a non sensible person - well I am trying to reduce my alcahol consumption, masses of hidden calories there!

15. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Waco - couldn't resist this! [​IMG]

[​IMG]