The great GC weigh-in!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by UsedtobeDendy, Jan 6, 2007.

1. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Swimming was great fun, Celia, thanks for that! I can put my face under water and blow bubbles, for at least 6 seconds, and when I tried to do that while swimming with my float, I found I was halfway across the pool! (1 meter depth all the way, so perfectly ok....) Can't wait to get back in the pool! :D

Good luck on getting through doughnut night!

2. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Exellent, Dendy!!!! Do you have goggles???? If not - I recommend you get some as they stop your eyes from watering and all the kiddies at swimming club have them - in fact - they have to....but GON't get ones with foam seal - they are rubbish!!! makes a HUGE difference to you confidence too!!!!

I am still off work with the lurgies and feeling like poop - its now on my chest, so I can't move much or I start coughing like I've been smoking 60 a day....... (so I haven't been up to cooking healthy food either... and have scoffed some cake - home made Christmas cake (no icing)... it was YUMMY!!!!)

grooooaaaaannnnn...... [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good for you Dendy [​IMG] [​IMG] Apart from the hyperthermia I get when I go swimming I can't sink either. If I try to go under my bottom always stays on the surface, eldest is the same. Youngest and beloved are the exact opposite they can't stay on the top but swim underwater, beloved won't go swimming because he has to paddle twice as fast as everone else just to stay afloat :D :D

4. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    don't think we have had a swimming report from dendy yet or have I missed something???

5. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    My favourite ever swimming pool is in central Akureyri, in Island. There are many small pools one next to the other at different temperatures (some REALLY hot) and you can just jump from one to the other to try them all!!!
    I would lie in there for ages...
    The only downside, if you are a bit shy like me, is that: when you shower before entering the pool, there are no separate shower (they don't seem to mind, as they go to the pool often even more than once a day) and there is a lady there making sure that you wash yourself very accurately twice, swimming costume off...

6. Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    OK I went for a healthy walk in the rain, came back soaked but I found this bunch of flowers to cheer you all [​IMG]

7. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I am surprised our snowdrops are not out yet, everything else is early.

I bet you feel better for the walk, I am just about to go for second walk of the day, then have a rehearsal all evening - that will definately burn a few calories!

8. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Yes, you've missed something, Waco - look above you! (Top of the page) :D

9. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! :D

Sorry you're still poorly, HB - cake will help! When you're back to feeling ok, that will be a better time to join in again. And yes, I do have goggles, and a nose-clip......

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Way to go Celia well worth the soak for that lovely picture good on you for making the effort

11. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    How are you doing with the diet?
    Did you give up something, which made a difference?

12. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Are you talking to us all, Miraflores, or anyone in particular? I've given up the booze! :D And as you know, I've taken up swimming - so at the very least I should be healthier and fitter! :D

So..... is everyone ready for tomorrow? Excuses prepared, ready to be brought out on Monday? :rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh dear, had a bad day today - was out with a junior netball team all day and ate too much rubbish! - will be back on track tomorrow after Ive weighed in :( [​IMG]

14. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Looks like I'm the first this morning! Down 1lb - 9st 12lbs. Not a lot..... BUT, I'm definitely looking trimmer, and clothes fitting better again - must be toning up with the swimming! :D

And I'm reliably informed that exercising converts fat to muscle, which weighs more..... Be that as it may, my working weight was when fully muscled - so that's still my target weight range

So, 2 lbs down, 5 more to go, to get to the top of that range, and another 3 to get to the bottom of it! :cool: :cool: :cool:

15. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,162
    Morning folk! Looks like I'm the first to declare.

10st 11lbs so no change and I'm delighted as I thought surely I would go up a pound. So, still down 6lb [​IMG] .

The thing I've noticed is that I seem to be re-shaping already. The excess from between the waist and hips is diminishing as is the tummy and I'm having to hoik my jeans up constantly.

I'm pleased with myself this week!