The great GC weigh-in!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by UsedtobeDendy, Jan 6, 2007.

1. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well done you two [​IMG] Im down to 9st 11lbs so Im pleased - gives me an incentive to be good again ;)

2. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh *****%A$$00!XX I got a hangover! and just taken cure suggested by one of my first boyfriends - fatty bacon & eggs with strong black cofee.

Well I managed 3 days without alcohol, my plan was to only drink at weekends, and as I am out to dinner wednesday I was to swap this nights drinking for one of my weekend nights - I just go led astray by..........SOMEONE!

Anyway weighed in at 10stone 5lb down 6lb BUT I always loose the first few puonds easily and I have gone back to work so can't stop even for lunch on two days.

Can't believe you did so well with the swimming Dendy - I think it would do me good but just can't face it at the moment.

3. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Isn't everyone doing well!!! And beat you by 2 minutes, LoL!! We both thought we were first to report in.....

Marge - you thought you'd have put on this week - just goes to show.....

Enjoy work Waco! I remember it well - no chance of lunch - if you did have some, you ended up with indigestion, it was so rushed...... Horrible!

I walked the dogs the same walk as I did on Christmas Eve, and which finished off my ankle - and I'm ok! I'm resting it for the rest of the day, but it's great to be able to walk properly again! :D Nex step will be to get on the hills - this is only along the canal. Nice to know I haven't lost fitness, that 2 hours brisk walking is no problem, just have those few pounds to shift and I'll be happy!

Looking forward to swimming again this week. P with a P has a stinker of a cold, so I'll probably have to see if eldest son wants to go along for a practice session for me, and then Thursday is the lesson.

See you all next week!

4. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Didn't lose anything - had something to do with being off work sick, no excersise for 5 days and scoffing loads of cake......

5. dalbuie

dalbuie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Weighed myself this morning lost 4.5lbs quite pleased with that, I have been writing everything down that I've eaten, its amazing how I forget all the little things I've scoffed ( I mean eaten)
    :D It's going to be tough this week as hubby is away for a few days, never mind I'll cope [​IMG] Keep up the good work fellow slimmers.
    Don't give up Honey Bee! [​IMG]

6. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    No change for me! :eek:

7. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Amzing you didn't gain anything, HB - must have been your positive attitude! :D

You've done well, Dalbuie!! Are you doing the record like the Weight Watchers tracker? I chucked away all that stuff after I'd stayed at my ideal weight range for about 5 years, so I can't remember the details of the points... or the bonuses!

I'm recording as well, exercise as well as input.....

I cleared up my side of the garage and swept it so there's space for my exercise bike to sit in position to be used - and I even used it for 15 minutes :D It said I'd done 8 km, but I doubt that..... I'd expect it to take about half an hour to go 5miles.... But I don't mind!

8. dalbuie

dalbuie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks and yes I'm counting points the WW way, I'm on 18 points a day.

9. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,162
    I say ... well done all of us ... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Let's keep up this encouragement and support for each other and we'll achieve our goals!

10. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    I couldn't remember the cut-off points for when you move to 18 points, as I know it's around the 10stone mark...... My target at the time was 10 stone, so I never really needed to know beyond that.... The rest I lost once I'd left them, when Thursday evenings became just too inconvenient (parents evenings kept on being on Thursdays that year....)

I agree with you LoL! Let's keep it going!! :D

11. sheppy

sheppy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I've been to docs today as I had blood test last week to check my thyroid. He asked if I'd put on weight, as my count was up! Mixed blessing. Least get tablets to regulate and steady my weight, but down side I've an iffy thyroid!

12. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,162
    Bless you, sheppy, and good luck with that iffy thyroid. I have a friend with that problem and I know it's difficult for her to keep her weight stable.

13. sheppy

sheppy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahh, thanks LOL. I've had Thyroid probs for a few years now, and touch wood, once I'm on the right dosage I'm usually OK. And the hormones even out which is even better news for my other half!!

14. Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well done to every one on their weight losses, sorry to hear about the thyroid problem Sheppy, I always think that is nice to know why something is happening even if it isn't such good news.
    More walks for me this weekend but unfortunately ended up in Pizza Hut on Saturday and it was Sunday lunch this week (I cook lunch for us and in laws every 2 weeks) but luckily weight has remained the same, back to being good now, so much easier when there is no one about :D
    Managed to resist the doughnut on Friday. [​IMG]

15. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Good luck with managing the thyroid prob, Sheppy. As Celia says, it helps to know what's wrong, then you can cope with that, worrying about the unknown is rather worse.......

Don't you feel virtuous, Celia? I had a whole month and a bit of not having any alcohol at all, and was drinking fruit juice and mineral water while the rest of the family were tipping back the vino...... and didn't I feel good!!!!!! :D