The great GC weigh-in!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by UsedtobeDendy, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    BIG GROAN DENDY! don't know how you doo it

Yesterday I worked 7 1/2 hours without a break, drove 100 miles going on to a staff meeting, THEN very foolishly on to supermarket. I arrived home dead on my feet!

Martin gave me a large G & T and then I couldn't face eating, so combination of alcohol, extra medication to get me through the day and no food just finished me off!

I slept most of the night on the stair steps as I was to knackered to get up the stairs and too heavy for Martin to drag up - he did however bring me a pillow and blanket.

2. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Waco - what a day!! :eek:

Good job you've got a practical bloke...... but what a start to the next day too :rolleyes:

I certainly couldn't do at sort of day any more - don't know how I used to. I know I couldn't manage a day without food when there's so much activity too - I've only ever managed that if I didn't have any option, like being ill!

I hope that's not too typical a day?

3. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Didn't get to my swimming lesson today - too much snow coming down as well as a good couple of inches already on the ground...... I love the snow, but that's bad timing - tomorrow would have been better, and the weekend better still!

At least I got a walk with the dogs on the canal, trying to find eldest son's lost mobile, from when he took them out this morning - so we have two happy dogs, who got an extra walk :D I also had fun this morning playing with a Wii! I was really getting the hang of bowling, and the golf is coming along nicely - only went into a couple of bunkers and one large water hazard....

4. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Well I got back at 2.15 this morning! actually had a great night, but oh the chocolate trifle was to die for and I certainly enjoyed two helpings - it was a Nigella recipe, probably marginally less bad for you than her deep fried battered marsbars!

Good news was that I managed to get upstairs to bed, but admittedly had to drag myself up at 7 am.

Snow looks very pretty dendy

5. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    You certainly live, Waco! 2:15 - what a time to creep in! Hope you didn't have too much champagne along with that chocolate stuff...... :rolleyes:

Well done on getting up the stairs...... and on getting up in the morning!

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,162
    Waco, I'm going to have to have some talks with yuu ... :wink:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    You will probably know i,m not on a diet but had to tell you this, when i went for dinner in the hotel in bahrain, The desserts were to die for they had that many puds to choose from so i put 5 on my plate and ate the lot :D we sat with another couple and the girl just looked at me in horror and said by you must be hungry :D :D

8. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,162
    rosa, how disgusting! :eek: Probably didn't phase you at all ... some of us here would have to diet / exercise for another two weeks after such decadence!

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    LoL i wasnt bothered in the least, when i looked at them all ,one was as good as the next and i just had to try out a few, the girls hubby also had a few on his plate also and i felt well i had my hubbys share as he doesnt eat desserts :D :D

10. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Have to say I don't like puddings, but I do love chocolate especially if the resultant desert is not too sweet and of the dark type ouu err. However when my cousin cooks a meal they always make about 5 puddings and she feels upset if we have not sampled them all so Rosa you would be a very welcomed guest there!

11. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    When I go out for a meal, I could quite easily just have a starter and a sample of each of the puds :D

12. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    I love chocolate - but find the best way of dealing with that is to go only for the nicest, and most expensive, so I can't afford any...... works very well! :D

For puddings - I much prefer things like lemon sorbet, or other fruity things - so that's nice and easy too...... and it's great to feel virtuous about something you enjoy... :rolleyes:

13. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,162
    EXCUSE ME ... when I go out for a meal, I pass n the starters and the dessert and have my chicken and salad.

What are you guys about? FORGET THE CHOCOLATE ... I can take it or leave it actually but maybe I'm a one off!

Agree with you, Dendro, if it has anything, lemon sorbet is the one ... knew there was something I liked about you! [​IMG]

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    waco tell your cousin i,m on the way. one of the desserts was a dark smooth chocolate like a mousse just lovely ohhhh i could eat them all over again, well done to the chef, one dessert had these pink round like almond tasting biscuits all around it in fact on the way out of the restaurant i pinched one num num :D :D

15. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    What it is to be a human tape-worm! You lucky thing, Rosa - to be able to eat exactly what you want! I can when I'm working through spring summer and autumn, but when I stop, I have to re-adjust to cope.....

Love the new signature, btw - particularly the frantically wagging and drinking dog - reminds me of Charlie! :D