The new garden

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sheal, Aug 28, 2024.

1. fairygirl

fairygirl Total Gardener

retired
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    I remember we had a chat on one thread earlier this year @Sheal. My Dad was a Londoner, but he was a musician, playing with the Big Bands during the war years. He met my Mum on the Isle of Man when touring. She was there on holiday. My Mum was from the south side of Glasgow, so when they married, that's where we lived. Most of my pix aren't on this laptop
    Ullapool was where we spent many childhood holidays, as my parents loved it. We stayed in a caravan in a little place beyond Ullapool itself - Ardmair Bay. I can still remember my Mum's words as we came round the corner on the approach because she was so taken aback by the view. :smile:
    I took my girls on holiday near Beauly, 9 years ago [I think we recently had a chat about the place we stayed in?] and we did a visit to Ullapool and of course, to Ardmair Bay, where we all skimmed stones - something my sis and me did on a regular basis. Happy days. :)

I had been back after my Dad died, and sprinkled a little of their ashes under the bench just above the beach. In my head, they'll have that view forever.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +53,886
      Sweet memories @fairygirl and you couldn't find a better place to spend your holidays. :)

Back on thread - I've done nothing in the garden for the best part of a fortnight due to the weather and having family with me for a week. It looks like conditions will improve next week, so I'll be back out there shifting gravel. I did pick up a metre long edging slab today to extend the bed where the log shed stood.