1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

The Three Ponds I've Built in Our Garden

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by Doghouse Riley, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,414
  2. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    That is a garden to visit before you die!! I and my wife visited it during the first year when things were "coming together", and I've visited it many times since.........fantastic place.:love30::snorky:

3. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,414
    I remember there were steps from the house down to the gardens. That meant that some of my less able passenger werent able to participate.

g.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
      Ratings:
      +4,411
      We've been there a few times, probably where I got my inspiration for my garden. Though the Tea-House is more from ideas I got from really old photographs of Victorian garden architecture I found in very old books in Manchester Central Library.

Digressing, I also found a first edition of Artie Shaw's biography, "The Trouble With Cinderella." I said to the guy on the desk after returning with it after reading it, that it was too rare to be on "open lend." But he wasn't bothered.

As for "coming together," we went to see the Eden Project when it was "the biggest licenced building site in Europe." They'd built the visitors centre with the shop and the restaurant, but the biosphere's were nowhere near completed. There were guys abseiling up and down the frames, installing the glass. We were given a yellow hard hat and safety jacket and joined other visitors on the little road trains that took us down to see what they'd achieved so far.

• Like Like x 1
      • Ned

Ned Evaporated

Prime Minister
        Ratings:
        +5,404
        [​IMG]
        Compton Acres

• Agree Agree x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener