1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

This is it....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kandy, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
    Ratings:
    +54,374
    So glad to hear that you managed to get away...do you camp or have you got a 'van'.

Bit of set back with your toe though, hope you can get it sorted out quickly.

How are you coping with footwear?

My operated on foot is good , no problems at all, but for some strange reason my other foot became very swollen a couple of weeks back ( never, ever had problems of that sort before ). I have had a small lump near my ankle on that leg for some time now ( had always put in down to a knock or something ) but that began to hurt, so I had it checked out and was told that I have a blood clot, am on meds at the moment and have another app this wk. Was asked about the op that I had on it 6yrs ago....not sure if there is a connection, hope to get more info when I go back.

Take care :hapflowers2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +54,374
      Ah....sorry re read your post...you have a 'van' lovely:dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
      • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +54,374
        How do you find Flucloxacillin as I have been taking it since last Wednesday, and have felt so ill! The nausea has been horrendous, suppose to also treat blood infections ,which my Dr was concerned that I may also have due to the clot

• Informative Informative x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
          Ratings:
          +6,543
          Hi @Upsydaisy by van I meant Caravan but sometimes I find it quicker to just say van but not as in a vehicle van:biggrin: so yes we do camp.

I have had no problems with Flucloxacillian only a bit of a dodgy tummy and my friendly bacteria getting killed off:sad: Do you take yours an hour before food or two hours after food? I have had no sickness problems and I do feel for you if you are having such problems especially if you have a blood clot on the other foot. Did you have to give yourself blood thinning injections to try and stop the clots?Mind you all the paperwork they gave me on the day told me what to look out for with regards blood clots and that is one reason why I made sure I ambulated up and down the lounge on the crutches after day three:smile:

I am wearing size six walking trainers and I am finding them very good now that I am trying to walk a bit more.I can average around three miles and then am glad to the back in the car:biggrin:

I rang the hospital and spoke to the receptionist and explained everything to her only to be told there is no one in the clinic today so have to ring back tomorrow.I am going to ask if there is some way I can send them a photo of my toe then they can decide whether I need :smile:to be treated by the podiatrist surgeon or whether I have to see my own Dr.To think I was trapped inside for six weeks to stop infection and then a couple of weeks after being told I can shower and go outside I end up with an infection :gaah:I am not due back to see them until October to be hopefully signed off:)

Good Luck with your appointment this week and do let me know how it goes:grphg:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +54,374
            OH dear I hope you get some answers soon :dbgrtmb:
            You're doing well with your walking , well done:)
            This is my other leg and it was operated on 6 years ago, so I'm not really convinced it's the cause of the clot......have to wait and see.
            We have a 'van' too , use to use it a lot, have been thinking of brushing off the cobwebs and using it again:biggrin:
            Take the meds an hour before a meal and also have to massage blood thinning cream on the clot area too

• Like Like x 1
              Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
            • Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
              Ratings:
              +6,543
              IMG_0712.JPG @Upsydaisy my crooked toe nail has now gone and I am left with a brand new one although it has got to grow a bit longer up the toe:biggrin:

I rang the hospital again yesterday morning and the receptionist went to have a word with one of the surgeons and then came back and told me over the phone that he would phone me later after clinic had finished.

Anyway,I was just finishing off my dinner when the phone rang and it was the surgeon (not the one who did the surgery but his under dog:heehee:.Anyway I explained everything to him and he suggested that if I wasn't busy and could get to the hospital as soon as I could he would have a look at it,so we trekked all the way to the hospital and as I was the only one there didn't have to wait long.(Mr Kandy had gone to park the car)

The surgeon had a good look at my toe and said it was all looking good.He went on to tell me that he didn't think it had been infected and that due to the blood supply being cut off to that toe plus nerves were damaged and the pin as he called it being inserted my body has decided it doesn't need that toe nail so it had to go:biggrin: It would have been nice for my body to consult me before it went ahead n getting rid of the nail:biggrin: Anyway the surgeon said that the new toenail would either grow at an angle or would come through straight but we wouldn't know until the top nail came off which he said it would as it had started to lift off of the nail bed.He said if it didn't come off on its own then they could take it off for me:yikes:

Anyway I am pleased to say that the toe nail has come off overnight and I am now left with a new nail:biggrin: I wore Woolley socks in bed as I didn't want the nail catching on the bed clothes:biggrin: