This week in the Polytunnel.

Discussion in 'Poly-Tunnel Gardening' started by polytunnel, Feb 21, 2008.

1. polytunnel

polytunnel Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, thanks Walnut,
    that sort of solution did cross my mind, though a bit like, after the horse has bolted eh.
    Its amazing how things near the side of the tunnel are frost damaged and anything in the middle is fine, I guess I know where to build my mini tunnel !! peas beans and even sweet peas seem to be immune to the cold but a couple of runner beans i planted against the tubing have given up.All a big learning curve for next year eh.

2. cattwoman25

cattwoman25 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to hear about your plants poly its gutting when that happens :(

glad the chickens are on full form though [​IMG] just wish you lived closer so i could come buy some [​IMG]

3. polytunnel

polytunnel Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks cats yes I suppose its all part of the learning curve.yes you would have been very welcome to have some eggs,its one of the hobbies I love because the taste is SOOOOOOOOOO good.I love them poached and laid gently on a piece of cooked fish yummy.Like the cats though they have to be kept clear of the growing area as they can have fun scratting up anything that grows. You should get your hubby to build a little coup in the corner of your patch just to hold a couple of hens

4. high kype

high kype Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi polytunnel this year i have built a smaller tunnel inside my GH and there is a big difference with my planets

5. polytunnel

polytunnel Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    yep high kype,
    I am convinced that i should do that next year as ther late cold spell is playing havoc with all my seedlings. I will also keep a look out for a parrafin heater at the car boot sales when they get going. I havnt seen heaters in a shop for a few years, probably too expensive if they were available on my pensioners budget.it will be great when the spring arrives as all my plants seem to just be waiting for the off.Got some nice strawberry plants, six to a box in Lidls today. Aldi also have them coming in on thursday. I think Aldi have three different varieties in the pack for �£2.99. thats good value.well worth growing under cover in pots and put out after fruiting to make room for something else.

6. high kype

high kype Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi polytunnel i got mine for a �£1 must get more
    it has paid for its self over and over all my plants look good i will take pic and let you see

7. polytunnel

polytunnel Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks high kype, yes i would like to see what type you use. Just asked my Scottish wife where Strathaven was, scuse my ignorance !! she explained that we pass you when we cut across to Ayr where she is from.

8. polytunnel

polytunnel Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Buffy, "thats my my Buff sussex bantam" has gone broody and the wife says she feels sorry for her. Time to buy some eggs off Ebay.She was a very good mother with the last lot of eggs we bought but they where all cock birds but one. My next door neighbour( the one with all the poo machine type cats)gave subtle hints that her beauty sleep was affected by the rants of a sex crazed cockeril chatting up the girls at 4.30 in the morn.I am not going to be drawn into comments about my seventy four year old cat loveing cockeril hating neigbour though.She may be a member of this group.

9. high kype

high kype Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi polytunnel not to Far away nice drive out you must go past my house to go to ayr

10. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    [​IMG]

Here are the pheasant eye seeds along with my retail therapy with Kathy today Mary.

11. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    Mary Kathy was showing me the fleece tunnel you bought good idea.

Although yours was much cheaper .

12. high kype

high kype Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    this is my �£1.00 cloch

[​IMG]

13. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    Very good cant get for a pound near me.

14. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    looks as good as the ones in garden centre
    �£14.99 well done pound shop

15. polytunnel

polytunnel Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I like that scotcat, its great to find a bargain isnt it ?