This weekend I.....

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by men8ifr, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Impressive plant and looks healthy. Good bargain!
    I would plant it in the ground too, but think VERY carefully where you want it to go-consider proximity to house and future plans for the garden as you really don't want to be digging it up again...although you seem quite handy with doing sort of thing!:lollol:

2. men8ifr

men8ifr Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Like little and large :rotfl:

3. men8ifr

men8ifr Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I will definately leave it in trhe pot for a year to check it's the position I want but also as its been healthy for at least the last 7 years I don't want to risk anything bad happening to it. I'm not sure how much taller I would want it - I guess it will grow faster out of the pot? There again I guess it will drop 3 foot simply by putting it in the ground...

That will put my new christmas spade to the test diffing the hole for that!

4. Aesculus

Aesculus Bureaucrat 34 (Admin)

Cashier
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    well I can't imagine it getting much taller although there are some whoppers around:thmb:

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I think Whis4ey has the right idea pop the giant into the ground and hopefully those slim trunks will thicken up as when they are a little tall and slim strong winds can break them.

Sussexgardener's advice is so true you have to site this plant somewhere you are going to like it forever and also where it will not get into trouble with the surrounding buildings, walkings etc. because once it's in it's in!

I brought a few cordy's last year and the green ones do really well, one I paid £3 for one at a carboot and another I got free from my sister-in-law both are in the ground and now are 4ft tall and looking good!Hel.xxx.

6. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    I've done the same with Cordylines and they are getting tall! Eventually they'll have to go as they'll block out the light at the front, but I planted them when I didn't realise how tall they can get to :(

7. Bally

Bally Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if there could be a chance of it blowing over in strong winds in the pot with it being a bit top heavy ??