Tomato alternate growing systems

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by Sargan, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Sargan

Sargan Gardener

Ratings:
    +34
    Sorry my explanation confusing things.
    I use a 30mL per 10L measure.

What I should have said is that I am using 3ml (each A&B) per Litre now ..... (as per several videos show)
    Greenhouse sensation advise upping this to 6ml per Litre when plants fully established.
    I have a liquid Seaweed feed I could top feed once a week.

The pots have as close to your mix as I could find .... CannaTerra compost + FBB+ Mycorrhizal Funghi + Cal/Mag

2. Hex_2011

Hex_2011 Gardener

Ratings:
    +134
    It cant be my mix as my toms dont use any medium at all, just mist ;)
    The 6ml/L will supplement the compost to the tune of N: 111ppm, K: 185ppm, Mg:20 and Ca: 76. If you are using tapwater you dont need the Calmag.
    root chamber.JPG

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  3. Sargan

Sargan Gardener

Ratings:
    +34
    Sorry - I meant the suggested approach (method 1). In posts 15 and 31 of this thread.
    Followed that.

So growing in CannaTerra compost + FBB+ Mycorrhizal Funghi + Cal/Mag

Currently using (as per video) 3ml per L of A and B .......... been told this should increase to 6ml per L once fruit are out .......... looking for some information if 3 or 6 is best.

Or 3ml +weekly feed of liquid Seaweed.
    First time using Quadgrow - so not very clear on things.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  4. Hex_2011

Hex_2011 Gardener

Ratings:
    +134
    The issue is not knowing if the compost is supplying everything the plant needs. If it is then adding nutes to the water will lead to a buildup in the compost as the plants take the water and leave the unwanted nutrient behind. If you go with the 6ml keep an eye out for issues which will show up in the leaves. If the plant stalls and stops feeding altogether, flush the compost with plain water and use the lower strength feed. Force feeding a plant wont make it grow faster or yield better, its usually the opposite ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • sandymac

sandymac Super Gardener

engineer
      Ratings:
      +910
      imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any deficiencies. If not why do you want to add a chemical feed that may destroy friendly bacteria and upset the balance. Use a light application of an organic fertilizer if you must add something at this stage.
      Regds sandy