Tomatoes - How high? How many trusses?

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Steve R, Jun 28, 2009.

1. barb

barb Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad I read these post on toms, picked up some great tips ,I have 8 plants with 3/4 trusses on each.
    They appear to be doing well. Cheers Barb.

2. Hex

Hex Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I`ve still got plenty of room for upward growth with my new ladder based hammock, the old tomato hammock is just doing its usual thing..it`ll probably disappear under a jungle of tomatoes in a few weeks

3. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Ok, I've seen the photos but have to ask...Whats a ladder hammock?, What benefits etc etc etc..

More info please. :)

Steve...:)

4. Hex

Hex Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve
    Its what it says on the tin.. a raised bed made from a ladder that resembles something close to a hammock :wink: Its just a free draining bed of compost, but tomatoes seem to really enjoy growing in it. There`s a few "before" pics, in the thread linked below. I`m not sure if or how badly it`ll get overgrown as its the first season for it. The old one usually disappears underneath the vegetation..third year for that one.

http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/fo...e-bed-20589.html?t=20589&highlight=ladder+bed