Too late to plant Clematis?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by *dim*, Jul 31, 2011.

1. *dim*

*dim* Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,593
    I think when it comes to gardening, qualifications don't matter much anymore

if an 'amateur' gets stuck, he will find all the answers (plus more) on the internet ... it's not like the 'old days' where information was privy to only those who attended university

the guys on a well known landscape forum constantly complain about 'us amateurs' who tend to be getting all the work lately (for cheap rates)

google is my friend

:D

2. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    What an arrogant, and insulting thing to say.

3. *dim*

*dim* Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,593
    my friends and collegues know that I always say it as I see it ...

you may know more than i will ever know, but I am learning new tricks daily (and I work 7 days a week) .... and keen and I'm young .... I will be asking loads of 'stupid questions', but thats the way I learn

so, please don't take offence .... I can understand how you feel .... must be pretty rough having spent all that time at university and now finding it difficult to find work ....

i am in the same boat .... not much happening in the mechanical engineering field at the moment, but I always look on the bright side of life .... am pretty busy as a gardener / landscaper though

:heehee:

4. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,838
    Sorry, Dai, but I disagree with you. Certificates don't automatically make a person a good landscape person or a gardener. In designing a garden etc it takes "heart", a good eye, and a talent for producing something that you know will make the client happy, as well as a knowledge of horticulture. Whether you like it or not Dim does seem to be successful in his business and if he's beating off the "Certificated Professionals" it shows he's providing a better service.