Tools of the trade

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by richtich, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    "Dont mean to bring this older thread back up but did you know Because of an initiative between the arboricultural trade bodies and the Health & Safety at Work Executive, all professional chainsaw operatives -tree surgeons for instance -should now hold a 'chainsaw' certificate. (Since 5th Dec 1998). So if youve not got one you cant use it for work there is also something similar regarding weed killer"

A good point for new comers,

Im fully ticketed having previusly spent a period with a forestry contractor (cs30, 31, 36) also got my PA1 and PA2 (spraying) plus aditionally some what over qulified holding RSPH 2 in pestcontrol !

In reality your insurance will be void if you have an acidentwhilst working without the corect tickets.

2. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Ill also add i got my public liability through www.insuredrisks.co.uk ive also got my tools covered on the policy for an unbelevably cheep price came in handy to when i turned around one day and someone ran off with me strimmer :mad: