Tropaeolum Speciosum

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Blackthorn, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Royster

Royster Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Greenwizard,
    Clematis tangutica and the Flame Flower do work incredibly well together, in my mind, and as Dendrobium also mentions - with C. Early Sensation.

If I remember correctly I think I purchased the C. tangutica from the local garden centre rather than propagation.

Funny that - C. tangutica growing really well on a north-easterly facing Edinburgh wall. Who would have ever thought...? Maybe I have "Green Fingers" :D [​IMG]

Cheers!
    Roy

2. GREENWIZARD

GREENWIZARD Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    obviously your fingers are greener than mine [​IMG] :D
    i'll give it a go next year keep your fingers crossed for me [​IMG] :D

3. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks all of you for very useful tips and Gogs and Dendrobium for the links, If I cannot get seeds to germinate i will have to resort to getting some roots.
    I have a young C. tangutica in a pot so guess what it will be planted with - if I can get the Trop. and then not kill it that is.

4. Royster

Royster Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Good planting combination I thinks Blackthorn! Good luck with your endeavours! I will try to get some roots for you.
    Greenwizard, my fingers are crossed for you! Not sure if I have green fingers really - my house plant collection suffers with my attempts to care for them. I always have to stick with the most simple house plants otherwise its pretty hopeless.

Kind regards
    Roy

5. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Thank you for that Royster.