1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tumbelina

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by daisybelle, May 11, 2018.

1. daisybelle

daisybelle Gardener

Science tech
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have 4 Tumbelina Belinda Petunia Tumbelina Belinda | J Parker Dutch Bulbs
    Saw them in Maria colour in the Sutton’s newsletter, then came across them on a market, had to give them a try. So, silly Q, if you’re planting them in a hanging basket like this Plantopia Hanging Basket: Product Review - Gardening Products Review with the holes in the side, would you put them through the holes and other more upright stuff in the top? Or plant them in the top and ignore the side holes and just let them tumble over the sides?
    I prefer this style of hanging basket as it has a bit of a reservoir at the bottom rather than water just peeing out! With a cut off pop bottle upside down, you can get the water where it’s needed :)

2. kazzawazza

kazzawazza Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,102
    We have the easy fill baskets and also some Tumbelina. I will be putting Tumberlina and other trailers including Nepeta in the sides and top and an upright in the middle. I always fill my baskets full and they trail to the floor.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Gardener Councillor Governor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +9,205
    @daisybelle if it was me planting I think I would plant them at the top to hang down over the lower plants so you will be able to see them...

4. daisybelle

daisybelle Gardener

Science tech
    Ratings:
    +18
    Yay, one vote each way! I went with tumbelina in the sides, trailing and upright lobelia in the top. Green woolly liners from boyes and the little clip in ‘doors’ on the hanging basket are holding everything in nicely :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 2