VOTES for September Photo competition

Discussion in 'Photo Competitions' started by Webmaster, Oct 1, 2005.

1. sewer rat

sewer rat Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    1st - Ickleweed's dragonfly - awesome close up detail.
    2nd - Frogesque's linnets - lovely shot altogether
    3rd - Nik's bee hiding in the flower - I didn't notice the bee at first glance - another really good close up photo.

Rat

2. Nik

Nik Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    1st - Nathans 2nd hedgehog. I just like hedgehogs.
    2nd - Ickleweeds Damsel Fly. Lovely colour.
    3rd - Petals wellies. Clever juxtaposition of difficult colours. Even the blue catch on the secateurs matched.
    I wanted to vote for the leopard, but the wellies took it. Was the tongue rough like a cats? UUgh!!.
    Nik

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] There were some great photos this month, it has taken me ages to decide.
    Here are my votes. [​IMG]

1st. Charlie's sunset. I am a sucker for sunsets, the red is so deep, it is almost delicious. I like the way the light, is just, reflected off the buildings. Nice composition.

2nd. Ickleweeds damsel fly. The colours are so vivid & the picture so clear, so well composed & lucky as they don't usually hang around for long.

3rd. Pete's heron. Makes you think of peaceful mornings. I think thats's why I like it,it makes one think of peace & serenity.

Well that's my thoughts, They were all so good. [​IMG] Well done all. [​IMG] Look forward to next month. [​IMG]

4. Charlie

Charlie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Some really good photos this month a different class to last. My votes are as follows.

3rd Place - Nathan's close up hedgehog - perfectly composed, totally in focus and amazingly close
    2nd place - Ickleweeds Damsel Fly - An amazing photo, so clear and with such beautiful colours
    1st Place - Marley Farleys Moon - Very evocative of still clear moonlit nights with a spooky mysterious feel about it. I love the moon at any of it's phases so I'm biased

5. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    So Difficult- Don't know much about the technical side of photography so have chosen the pictures which I like most.

1st Nathan's Hedgehog----- So Cute
    2nd Fran's Blenheim Palace -----Lovely Photo
    3rd Pete's Heron----looks so at home