Waretrop's Gardens 2018

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Barb in Pa, May 31, 2018.

1. Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I bet the scent is lovely redstar :)

2. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +10,381
    Like a gardenia.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      That must be beautiful to smell out side :love30:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Barb in Pa

Barb in Pa Gardener

retired
        Ratings:
        +250
        one.jpg
        Verigated Iris

two.jpg
        Amsonia

three.jpg Amsonia

four.jpg Different Amsonia

five.jpg
        Day Lily

six.jpg
        Ground Orchids

seven.jpg
        Peony

eight.jpg
        Iris

nine.jpg
        Iris

More blooms that have blessed me in the last few weeks....Haven't had much time to enjoy the gardens for we have been so so busy with other projects this summer. I still have to share some pics.

We have about 4 very large projects to do this year so there will be no mulching or gardening this year...unless we get these things done by August. Just a few things we have to do is put a metal roof on our house, replace our pond liner, it's 6000 gallons, clean out and upgrade one of our houses and sell, and put poles in for our very large parachute over our driveway for our picnic area.

summer picnic.jpg
        So here is our picnic area. We usually use it allot, but not this year. We had horrible weather last winter and we lost one of the pine trees that anchored the gray parachute hanging in the air in the pic. The pine trees drip sap so we use the material to keep the sap from landing on the furniture and tables. We did not put out any of the stuff under the parachute. It takes allot of tension to keep the thing up for rain catches in it and we have go dump it out, the wind can catch it and tear it off the trees, so we have to make sure the pole is very strong and secure.

So much to do this summer. Next year will be just pleasure stuff and entertaining...Garden tours and fun....

• Like Like x 1
        • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Barb I love different colours in Lilies but the only lily I've ever refused in the home is a white one...being brought up with old fashion believes as white lilies stand for death when brought in the home :whistle:

• Like Like x 1