Wasting water..!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by wildflower, Jul 16, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    no rain here at the moment very warm and apparently we are expected to have thunder storms later

2. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    have just watched the 13.00 weather from the bbc it said at 13.00 it would be heavy thunderstorms here..?????? where the hell is it...the sun is blazing down and its as hot as ever..then it went on to say after the rain we are in for another sticky night...how nice..

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,076
    If you go on the Met Office web site you can watch the rain radar and follow the track of the showers

4. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Wildflower ..it's here!!..by the cloud full :eek: It must be heading for you..the wind has picked up and turned Westward...Surely you can hear the thunder??
    There is so much water running down the road off the hills that I have got the flood boards out ready to fix across the doors.
    The garden is awash and getting worse.

5. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    paladin..please stop saying its getting worse..just be thankfull and keep on dancing as we need plenty.. :D send some to hornbeam also as he is desperate for rain..

6. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks pete have just looked in the met office i didnt know that site existed will be in their all the time now.. :rolleyes: I think its on its way the sun has gone in and the sky is a murky colour..looking at the met office map it hasnt hit bham yet so perhaps it will rain by 3..have just been out and watered my tomatoes and squirted the hosepipe at the frog in my pond..he hates me..!!he doesnt like being squirted.. [​IMG]

7. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,076
    I know things look bad at the moment but most of those plants are tougher than they look, if they've been established a year or so they'll come through. Trouble is they dont look much at just the time perhaps when some should be at their best. [​IMG]

8. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The twit next door who sprinkles his lawn for hours in the blazing sun has cut his lawn to a inch of its life this morning and for the last two hours and its still on has this going..grrrrrrrrrrrrr

[​IMG]

9. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Is there a hosepipe ban where you live, Wildflower? If so, I would have no hesitation in reporting the idiot.

10. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    no hornbeam not yet..the way things are going and if the august is going to be hot well you never know we may end up with one..i have been here 20 years and we have only ever had one hosepipe ban ..and then every one except me was using them in the night..when it was dark..I would love my orange lawn to be watered..but i just water the roots on my plants and top the pond up..and the tomatoes..he is just a silly man and he isnt young either late 50s early 60s..if we did have a ban then because this blasted sprinkler is on the go every day yes i too would report him..as it bugs me ..as the sun is on the front where it is all day long and the heat is awfull..and its a dreadfull waste as when the little bit of grass is soaked it will then roll down his drive for hours before he turns it off..grrrrrrrrrr

11. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    had some major cloud bursts over Milton Keynes yesterday and my lawn was very happy for it.
    Had to clean my front porch because it was well flooded.
    Oh well....it will teach me to not keep sweeping and tidying up every day. I had to do it all again, and guess what, my water butts are full.Yipeeeee