Watering with bath/washing up water

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by turniphead, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    One thing no one has pointed out yet - do people still have baths? Aren't showers supposed to use far less water than even a low filled bath?

You can share a shower though, if you want to save water:thumb:

2. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,413
    You can share a bath too..

Or you can buy Sure's new anti-perspirant/deodorant
    "Good for 48hrs" so a bus shelter poster says that I notice driving along the main road.

3. Fidgetsmum

Fidgetsmum Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +865
    We have a bath - as in we have the piece of equipment with taps at one end - but we're not posh enough to have a 'shower room' or a 'wet room', so should we wish to save the water, it's just a matter of bunging the plug in the 'ole before turning on the shower. Simples!!

4. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My boy can run off 10 degrees of water having a shower, I can have a bath & only run off 2 degrees.

5. johnbinkley

johnbinkley Gardener

Retired chem lecturer
    Ratings:
    +5
    Know what you mean there Ziggy. Mine spends a good 20 mins in the shower. Mind you he's moved out now!! For how long htough is anybodies guess.
    John

6. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,413
    I like to have a daily bath in the winter, even if I've had a shower after playing golf, but it's showers only during the hotter months, in heatwaves two or three in a day. But there's a "Cinderella situation" here in the North-west. You need to have one before midnight as later than that they halve the water pressure 'cos of all the un-fixed leaks.

7. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    you believe the cover story then D R, The presure drops because they are secretly selling it to another water authority.

When I lived in Wales, liverpool got our water cheaper than we had to pay for it:roll: