Welcome !

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Webmaster, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Hi scottie, Welcome to the club..... Plenty to amuse or keep you busy here...... ;) :D :D

2. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone and welcome.
    Been using this site for a while now and would like to thank everyone for their great advice. Have I commited a huge forum faux pas by not posting a welcome til now? I'm sorry, I'm new to this forum thing. :rolleyes:

3. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Your fine - just continue enjoying :D

4. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    It's been a while since I visited this bit of the forum but thought I'd just drop in and say hello to all our new members. Hope you are enjoying it all and don't hesitate to get in touch if you need any IT advice. [​IMG]

5. garden angel

garden angel Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    what a great site i joined on saturday and feel part of a big club, its apity we cant have a coffee morning and exchangr our produce,but never mind its just nice to chat to other people with the same interests have a nice day from garden angel

6. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Welcome GA - love your Avatar!!!!

Totally agree!!!! Will have to make do with pictures for now [​IMG] But we do send each other seeds and cuttings!!!!

7. garden angel

garden angel Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi honey bee i too am a stressed out mom of six varying ages . i would love too share seeds and cuttings if someone can tell me how to go about gathering them

many thanks garden angel

8. autumnblossom

autumnblossom Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hello have just found this sight and am hoping you can answer a question.I am considering having my garden hedge removed and am wondering if it would not regrow if it was only sawn off at base or does it need digging out by the root to prevent regrowth and if so how deep are the roots and could I dig them out or will i need a professional. Thanking you in anticipation of your early reply. autumnblossom

9. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Hi Autumnblossom,
    Welcome... :D You have asked several questions there, but before we can answer we need to know what sort of hedging are we talking about?? Country type which could be a mix of hawthorn, blackthorne, Elder. hazel etc. Or are we talking a town type with say maybe private,laural,box or beech. Or even a mix of shrubs..... :eek: Or even the dreaded conifer... :confused: So what have you got.?? [​IMG] An awful lot of hedging will re-shoot if the roots are left in the ground. Do You want a hedge at all??? Would be my next question..?? You could get a professional in, but get a few quotes first & go for the ones offering free quotes as well.. They could tell you about the stumps & you could make up your mind whether to have them ground out or left & poisoned. (They would usually do this in a safe way by drilling the stumps & pouring a powerfull weedkiller in & then bury the stumps) You would need to phone around for that for quote as I say, but it shouldn't take them long to do the work.... :D Hope that is some help for a starter.... ;)

10. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Your site is first class Nathen may it go from strengh to strengh,and thanks for allowing me to be part of it, Macleaf

11. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Well said matey, welcome to Gardeners Corner!

BM [​IMG]

12. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,471
    Welcome Macleaf
    I don't think Nathan had any idea when he started it last year that it would be this successful, over 2000 members, thats a lot of knowledge we can share.
    [​IMG]

13. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Banana Man and Strongyloden :cool:

14. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi there Nathan I am not into computing but I told my hubby I wanted to join a gardening club and hey presto! here I am thanks to you.yours gratefully FANCY
    :eek: :D

15. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :D Welcome to the club then Fancy..... :D :D Enjoy.. Plenty to see, do & chat about here........!!!! :D :D :D