Welcome !

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Webmaster, Jan 5, 2005.

1. kat

kat Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the welcome. This seems to be a lovely site where hopefully I can get some answers for my numerous questions. Having been a busy bee at work now I am retired I have more time for my overgrown garden and I would like it to look really nice. Thanks again.
    Kat

2. blume

blume Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    Posted already something on the houseplant-bit ( I was desperate, or rather the plant is ) and had two very helpful and kind replies, but realised that I should probably have introduced myself here first - apologies.
    Great to be here, I'm more of a fumbler at gardening than a real gardener, but I love all that grows and if none of you mind the occasional ( really stupid ) question....
    From the Blume

3. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hellow and welcome, tis a great place, and loads of nice friendly folk.

Hope your yucca does OK, sadly I have had one in my border for some few years, and its never yet bloomed, so I shall watch with interest how yours does.

4. jelly belly

jelly belly Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hello all,
    im a complete newbie to gardening as i have lived in a flat since i was 20!!
    i've now got a lovely house but a not so lovely garden!!
    so i might be picking all your brains a bit!
    so i will say sorry in advance!
    many thanks
    sarah

5. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Go right ahead Sarah - there's nothing that gardeners like better than sharing their triumphs and disasters [​IMG]

6. lucys

lucys Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Whoops missed posting here first.

Hello all, been having a read of some of the questions, you all sound quite a knowlegeable lot.

I have a very large garden with eight 25foot conifers in it. Hubby and l are at logerheads over them at the moments. Hopefully with your advice l might get him to have them chopped down.

I live in hope!

Off to read the rest of the site now, take care

Lucy

7. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Lucy - now if I was working on someone to do something they don't want to do, the first thing I would find out was why (unless it was just cussedness) and work on that - remove the reason, and the battle is won :D .

8. gypangel

gypangel Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I am glad I came across this site, good on you for sorting it out, I hope to learn more about gardening on here... just new to growing my green fingers but have got the bug with a vengeance

9. The hopeful gardener

The hopeful gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    2 hours ago I thought I'd have a break from mowing the lawn,hubby out so no moaning,and a wee peak on the net to see if other folk are gardening like I am.You know..plant things late/early,provide endless pea feasts for the mice/endlessly suprised at how most things grow(except the spinach...).I feel v.reassured and there seems to be lots of good advice and moral support on this site.I hope to view regularly but now I really must finish mowing before it rains.TTFN

10. lucys

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Hopeful!

Am just about to start doing mine! its not so much the mowing that gets me its the emptying of the grass bag :(

11. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Since joining your site a few days ago I have spent hours on the computer cursing, frustrated, and almost crying as I found it so difficult to get my messages and photos across due to my very limited computer skills.
    Thanks to your wonderful members I can now upload pictures to photobucket, then post them on my questions.
    I have loads of queries pictures and questions which I hope to get across in the days ahead.
    Bless you for starting up this site. Up until now the only thing I did on my computer was buy on Ebay. Don't even know how to sell.
    Kind regards to all your helpful and friendly members.Roland

12. lucys

Ratings:
    +0
    psssssss Roland

I can help with selling on ebay

another of my addictions :eek:

13. lucys

Ratings:
    +0
  14. Coralbat

Coralbat Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi every one. I'm new as well. Sorry didn't realise this was the place to introduce myself.I have been gardening for 38 yrs and am still at first base- grass / hedge cutting /buying ready grown stuff from garden centres. Having now retired i,m keen to learn other things.

15. dabbit

dabbit Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, my name is Dave and I live in Suffolk. I have limited mobility and grow vegetables in containers while my wife concentrates on the flowers