Welcome !

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Webmaster, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Welcome to you one & all. :D :D

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
    As Marley said, Welcome, this is hopefully going to become a very useful gardening resource.

It will become that resource, by you, the users. So keep up the good work.

Nathan.

3. essjay

essjay Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone *waves*

What a great looking site :D

I've just started to sort out my overgrown mess of a garden and was looking for somewhere for tips and advice, looks like I found the right place :D

Look forward to chatting to you all [​IMG]

4. The hopeful gardener

The hopeful gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Lucys
    Ta for the welcome.This is reply try no two.2 yr old hit a button,computrr froze,I cursed(gently),small person copied words with frightening clarity...thankfully hubby out can blame him....

Anyway when she has grown a bit and teaches me how to send photoes it will be the one of the garden seen through a glass of white wine with the condensation just forming on the outside.It's taken so long to do this that it'll have to be red wine and an umbrella....

5. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Hi hopeful
    That sounds like my kind of fish eye lens :D

6. suedobie

suedobie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    I joined this site a couple or weeks ago, (can't remember exactly as I too have a glass of Red wine in my hand) have looked at the site most days and find all the questions and answers very interesting, I agree you all seem a very friendly and knowledgable lot. Sorry I have not introduced myself earlier, must have looked at this bit before but have been busy taking pics of my plants in the garden to enter the photo comp, must have taken dozens of pics but most were either blurrrrrrrred or off centre, having now entered three of my fav Fuchsias (have other plants in the garden but they are one of my favourites)I hae been exploring other parts of the site.

So hellow to you all, I am sure I will learn a lot from you inthe future.

Sue

7. suedobie

suedobie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Whoops, sorry about the size of the pics, will try to get them a bit smaller next time.

Sue

8. Rab

Rab Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to all' I'm Rab and I love plants, especially the ones you can eat and the flowers that smell nice. Glad to have found a helpful site for gardeners. We don't always get time to study the gardening books to solve problems and it's nice to get a rounded opinion.

9. brazil

brazil Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hello all brilliant site joined last month so interesting' love gardens wildlife much needed web

10. em

em Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    JUST REGISTERED i am novice veggie gardener and hope this sight can give me lots of advice lol well done for setting it up. em

11. Deserter

Deserter Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all, just wanted to say hello, I am also a novice veggie gardener, hope I can hang around long enough to help as well as be helped, although don't hold your breath!

12. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    [​IMG]

Hi to all newbies - Deserter, em, Brazil, Rab et al.
    This is a great site. I joined end of May and it's kind of addictive - can't keep off it. Have been given some very useful advice and also put my twopenny-worth in on occasions.

Also finding out how to post pictures, avatars etc. so much more than gardening on Nathan's site. :rolleyes:

13. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi to all new members and thank you for introducing yourself - This site was long overdue, and so very welcome. Long may it prosper and grow.

14. Heather

Heather Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to everyone. Registered a couple of days ago and already had loads of useful info and tips. This is a great site and I'd agree with you jjordie ...it is addictive.

15. berry

berry Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all!
    Have been lurking here for a week or so and thought it was about time I signed up.

I only have a small yard, which I started putting things in last year, and rapidly gave up the idea of trying to be 'a gardener' when nothing seemed to be doing very well. :(

Then this year I was really chuffed to bits when things were growing well and flowering when I'd lost hope and thought only the weeds liked my patch. :D

So apologies in advance for the many daft questions I'll be asking ;)