We've lost Candi ....

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Victoria, Nov 26, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Do hope candi returns soon and mr LoL has found her in the village this morning, keeping my fingers crossed for the safe return of the little one [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. luckyboo

luckyboo Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Lol, just seen this. All the best, I hope you find her soon.

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    Thanks luckyboo and everybody else. Still no sign of her. We were up and down all night, taking turns going out calling. I opened the back door at 7.30am but still nothing.

T'other half spoke to the one neighbour last night who has a garage but no success there and now he has gone out on his bike around the orchards but there are just thousands of trees everywhere!

We just feel so helpless as she's so little and used to her bed. She'll have had no dinner or breakfast either, not nice for a hand-fed four month old!

I'll keep you posted and thanks for all your support.

4. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    GOOD NEWS! Candi is back home, a little shaken but not stirred and a little dusty after quite an adventure!

The neighbour's poodle found her in the spare wheel up under his truck in his garage ... where he (Ze) and t'other half had looked last night! Seems that Benni, the poodle, kept grappling around under the van so Ze crawled under and espied Candi curled up in the wheel. She wouldn't let him touch her so he came over and got me. Just as we got to his gates, t'other half came from the orchards at the back where he had been looking. He and Ze had to carefully remove the spare tyre to get her out, watched by me, Ze's wife, Benni and Estralinha the Siamese. Benni was very excited when Candi emerged and he was praised for being a hero!

The amazing thing about it all is that Ze had been out in the van twice since she disappeared so she had two journeys under the van, which must have been awful on our pot-holed muddy lane and then onward on Ze's journies to the local village! :eek: Then she spent the night there and was perhaps too afraid to come out herself.

Apparently Benni was sniffing under the van when Ze and t'other half were talking last night and they looked but couldn't see anything and today only saw her because her tail was poking through the hole in the centre of the wheel! :eek:

Ze's property has a metre high stone wall like our property but he has added another metre with a solid fencing and then has solid double gates so she would have had to go along the other neighbour's stone wall and way down into Ze's property to get around this high wall/fence and back up into his garage! A venture on it's own!

I cuddled her all the way home and she hungrily ate her breakfast. Cal has been leaping on her and washing her non-stop! I think he was getting a bit frantic with us constantly calling her and her not showing up.

Well, as t'other half said, that took two of her lives probably! [​IMG]

It was quite a traumatic time for us ... especially since we rescued her at a day old and then lose her at four months! Perhaps she'll now stay in our garden and the orchards around us and not venture across the back lane onto other people's land.

Thank you everyone for your support. We were hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

I do like a happy ending! :D

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    LoL, I am so pleased candi is back home safe and well, what an adventure she has had, being in a wheel and getting dark she must of been frightened, still a very happy ending and so pleased for you and mr LoL.
    go and have a few of these [​IMG] [​IMG] you can relax now [​IMG] [​IMG] A very happy ending indeed

6. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Glad she is home safe and sound. What a mad thing to happen out and about as a stow away in a van. [​IMG]

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,664
    Hi Lol
    I,m so pleased she,s come home to you.Thats the best news this week.

8. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    So very pleased to hear Candi is home again,what a relief it will be for you.

9. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    and she will have no idea of the worry she has caused you!

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good news for you all.It is so much of a worry when they go walkabouts.I bet she is wondering what all the fuss is about.

11. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    She was pretty frightened when they retrieved her. She almost had a third journey as Ze was about to go out again! :eek: She must have been too scared to get out of the wheel when he was at the cafe ... had she done so, she'd be long disappeared as it's 1.5kms from our lane!

12. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I missed all the drama but amd SO glad Candis back safe and sound.

13. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    What a relief! Give her a hug from me too, LoL!

14. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    Can I strangle her first ?????

15. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172