1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

What and when to plant for 365days of floral blossom

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Elina, Sep 28, 2017.

1. BeeHappy

BeeHappy Total Gardener

Mother Nature's Garden Apprentice
    Ratings:
    +6,133
    Rosa_Mermaid.jpg
    ROSA "MERMAID"

:goodpost:@Clare G
    Oh :yes: no gardens could be complete without our nations fav bloom the Rose :wub2:
    And :ThankYou::ThankYou::ThankYou:soooo much for reposting this beauty - you extolled her virtues of beauty hardiness and disease resistance in another post but i lost it :rolleyespink: - whats not to like ;)
    so I'm definitely adding this BEEutiful bloom to my garden - :dbgrtmb:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Clare G

Clare G Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,731
      Yes she is lovely, isn't she @BeeHappy? I don't have room for her here but have fond memories from childhood of the one growing over my grandmother's cottage. The flowers have a lemony fragrance as I recall. But the OP may prefer a white or a pink rose, from what she says about favourite colours - in which case there may be others that would better fit the bill - I expect others can suggest a few.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • BeeHappy

BeeHappy Total Gardener

Mother Nature's Garden Apprentice
        Ratings:
        +6,133
        :goodpost:Yes @Clare G thats what makes gardening sooooo interesting everyone's individual tastes and likes :spinning:...no one answer is correct or fits all ;)
        Im always fascinated by other gardens and how folk came to their final garden style- wish we had more telly programs on regular peoples gardens up and down the UK.. and how they deal with the peculiarities in their own regions in MHO it would make for great viewing and I believe answer a lot of gardeners both "new and old" questions :) ..As know 'Ya never stop learning ....especially on GC where everyone is so friendly in their approach to each of us and our garden peculiarities :heehee:

• Like Like x 2
          Last edited: Oct 2, 2017