What are your GARDENING plans for 2009 ?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Banana Man, Oct 11, 2008.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    I don't really have much in the way of 'Gardening Plans' for 2009. The same as I haven't had for the last few years. :)

I have had a number of 'projects' in my garden over the last three years but they have 'just growed'. Some of them have happened because of the force of nature and others out of serendipity.

For example: we needed to take down two very old wooden sheds as the rats had chewed great holes in the walls and floor s over the years. We intended to replace them with a metal shed - fairly simple. Once the area had been cleared Mrs shiney decided that it looked bigger than she thought so would prefer it as a patio area. I said that it would be overshadowed by a giant laurel alongside it - 10ft high, 30ft long and 20ft deep!!! We ended up taking out the laurel and building a very big summer house in its place. The metal shed ended up being erected down the garden.

Sort of plan for 2009:-
    Next month we are having to remove a number of trees that have got too big. As they are all over the garden this will leave various patches that will need to be filled. Do we make plans? :scratch: No! :) We shall do what we usually do. Have a look at what plants we have in the greenhouse and in our charity plant sale area and decide which of them needs a home. Then we just plonk them in the ground wherever there is a space. :thumb: :D

Those of you that have visited us on our charity open day will have seen the results of our random planting. :lollol:

We'll never get into the 'Yellow Book' :( :D

If I get time I shall take before and after shots and post them - but I think I said that once before and never got around to it :dh:

2. crofthouse

crofthouse Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope to continue the battle against the weeds and hopefully start to win!
    To install a waterfall feature above our main pond.
    To make a better go of the vegetable patch (never really got round to it this year!)

Anthony

3. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    Had we moved earlier in the year we might have been wondering 'what the 'ell have we taken on' !! but it didn't happen so untill the housing situation changes we will stay here where there isn't much to do so no real plans for the mo.

4. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,087
    [​IMG] What are your GARDENING plans for 2009 ?

Plans, plans,
    I've never planned anything in my life.:)

And I have a garden that proves it.:D