What would you do with this horrible front "garden" ?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by fumanchu, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,371
    Funny you should say that @shiney. That's what I call my neighbours large and overgrown garden. :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • fumanchu

fumanchu Gardener

Retired thankugod
      Ratings:
      +438
      Aw Selleri what a lovely post to wake up to! :spinning: Yes the husband and his old pal sit out there often. I had thought of using the trellised planters for privacy at the top there, but think these two I've ordered might be too big - they are 1mx1m each. I will try it and see how it looks though. And as you say, I was put off that idea by the thught of the top bit being crowded and the whole of the rest being bare empty gravel - but I have decided to go for 2 or 3 of these planters without the trellis, and use them as my garden. Dotted around that gravel. I would like a solar water feature too. So you lot have enabled me to sort this out - after 3 years of moaning about it :biggrin: xxx

• Like Like x 2
      • Charentejohn

Charentejohn Apprentice Gardener

Retired electrician
        Ratings:
        +15
        We just bought some of these, the grey ones they come in various sizes and heights. Not expensive, look good and I did see a long one like the shiny one used to screen a patio area.
        Maybe a 4-5m long one as a 'non fence' planted with something colourful and evergreen ? We plan bee blossom and dahlias for ours.

upload_2024-2-17_20-37-47.png

• Like Like x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1