What's Looking Good in July...!!!!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Marley Farley, Jul 1, 2007.

1. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
  2. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Some kind of mile-a-minuite honeysuckle.It`s growing over the GH which is at the other side of the fence and i`m a bit worried that it is going to cave in with the weight of it.
    [​IMG]

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,076
    Kathy, cardoon is similar to thistle but its not prickerly and is related to globe artichoke.

4. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    thanks pete yes can see it now, its beautiful

5. dancing queen

dancing queen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  6. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    I didn't know the difference either, so two of us have been helped pete, thanks.

I obviously have thistles -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Elaine, your Lucifer is gorgeous, likewise your sweetpeas. I have spirea too but mine must be a different sort as it blooms from the bottom to the top and your from the top to the bottom.

[​IMG]

Or is yours the shrub one, I have it too and it is also pink.

Marge, your day lily is a fab, such a lovely strong colour! Lovely poppy and yucca flowers too.

8. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Here some of my shots today -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kryssy

kryssy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone's garden is looking beautiful and there are some stunning plants there. Wish I had something like. Never mind, I'll win the Loto one day.................

I've had to pull up quite a lot today which has been ruined by wind and rain - lost all my poppies now - boo hoo. Still, I've got some things flowering. If someone could help out with the odd name that would be nice. As usual, didn't write the name down and now cannot remember most.

Got a few hollyhocks which are happy to have the tomato supports which are now redundant thanks to the blight. Not as good as DorsetMike's though. His - and everyone else's - put mine to shame.

[​IMG]

One of my Weigela's is having a second go.

[​IMG]

This white buddlia always reminds me of a firework going off. Hardly any butterflies this year - I wonder why ?

[​IMG]

My "weeds" are coming along now we have a bit more drier weather.

[​IMG]

I bought this Campsis last year as a pink and white. I must be going colour blind.

[​IMG]

These were from seeds - lost the name! They are beautiful and the colours are so vibrant and delicate at the same time. Does anyone know the name?

[​IMG]

Here is Daddy Sunflower, Mummy Sunflower (almost there) and Baby Sunflower (coming soon)....

[​IMG]

That is all for now I'm afraid. A bit boring really. Got a question for kedi-gato so will post again.

Happy gardening everyone.

[ 21. July 2007, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: kryssy ]

10. kryssy

kryssy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    MESSAGE FOR KEDI-GATO (hello my fellow limerickarian :D )

I remember reading about some plants you had with heart shaped leaves. I found these today by a hosepipe which I haven't used in ages (no surprise there then). I think they are the same thing. I've never seen anything like it before. What happens to them now - do you know :confused:

[​IMG]

ALSO - Your photograph of the yellow spiky flower - what is it please? A friend gave me a piece of it this year and it has just started to flower and it is the same. My friend is as dippy as me and doesn't know what it is. She calls it "Sunshine Spike" because she inherited it. Will it spread about? I need to fill up great big gaps.

Thanks K.G. See you at the Games. [​IMG]

11. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Hi kryssy,

Everything is so pretty in your garden, and I just love your Family Sunflower! Your hollyhocks are a pretty colour and they look nice and tall. Some of ours only grew knee-high this year! I also think Mike has the prize-winning hollyhocks, real eye-catchers. The lovely group of four are poppies - I think! Bet I'll be corrected, never mind.

The Lords and Ladies gets along all by itself, you don't have to do anything. Mine has now lost the leaves and is producing the berry stalks, just like yours but nowhere near as pretty.

Here is a link to the yellow spiky flower. It also takes care of itself, but is very invasive. Give it a big place to itself and you'll have a wonderful show and it is also very pretty in bouquets.

http://www.wiseacre-gardens.com/plants/perennial/yellowloosestrife.html

See ya' later, we are off to a brunch now. Have a good day.

12. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Some lovely shots KG - my Jap Anemone hasnt come to anything - only planted it this year and I think it may be in the wrong place :rolleyes:

Kryssy - you have some beautiful flowers. I dont know what the pretty poppy-like ones are but they are gorgeous ;) Love the family of sunflowers too [​IMG]

13. Palustris

Palustris Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +3,071
  14. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Thank you marge.

My Japanese Anemones didn't do well for quite some years at first but I then found out that they were not getting enough light. I replanted them, and hey, presto! they get better every year now. Perhaps yours could do with a sunnier spot? Light shade is also OK.

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,663