WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN MAY 2018

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Phil A, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,414
    @Doghouse Riley . I like the fact your pagoda is hidden. It' a nice surprise when it reveals itself. Gardens should be full of pleasant surprises. My attempt at a Japanese garden had hidden features. It would have come off had the conifers not died on me. That rhodedendron stands out lovely and adds a lovely splash of colour.

G.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
      Ratings:
      +4,411
      I understand what you mean but my main consideration isn't for visitors, but to create a pleasant aspect for my wife, who spends a lot of tine in her chair in the lounge because her disability restricts her time spent actually in the garden, which sadly is very little these days.
      Actually it was more hidden at one time as there was a camellia in front of it that grew very big,(2010)

P1030204.JPG

So I binned it and put a couple of rhodos in its place.

I also replaced the fence panels as they were being eaten by ivy, that's gone now and the quince has recovered.

But it'd be a shame to chop back the rhodo, but it will continue to grow.

• Like Like x 4
      • Friendly Friendly x 3
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.