What's your GC routine?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Loofah, Nov 4, 2011.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Switch on computer about 5.30 - 6.00. Bring four mugs of warm water from kitchen to sip slowly whilst at computer.

Check and deal with emails that have come in overnight from other countries (about a dozen per day). By then emails from this country start to come in and I deal with those.

Then it's GC for an hour or so. Followed by breakfast and then a shower. There's always plenty of paperwork to get done which I try to do in the morning if I don't have any meetings. This can be disrupted by long telephone calls or some gardening. Gardening is usually limited to 30 - 60 minutes at a time (careful of my poor old back :D) and then a tea break and check emails and GC.

A similar routine for the afternoon except this year as Mrs Shiney is studying and on the computer from late morning until about 1 a.m. If she takes a short break I get a quick look in.

Then back on computer, emails and GC, until approx 3 a.m. when I switch it off. It gets 3 hours sleep before I switch it back on again.

This routine is broken by almost daily bridge club or matches - mainly 7.30 - 11.30 p.m.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +53,893
      Shiney,
      With that schedule I presume you and Mrs. Shiney find time to eat somewhere in between! :)

• barnaby

barnaby Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +73
      Am afraid that golf gets in the way of computing as does gardening in the summer months. Generally look in to GC in the evening after checking out the news and sport interests. Dog walking and etc. take up the rest of my days so emails and other computer sites get put back til a spare hour arrives.

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +122,466
      Ah!!! I knew I was missing out on something :heehee:

Actually, cooking is another of my hobbies so we are never short of good food. :dbgrtmb:

I've just got back from a bridge match and have knocked up a quick apple sponge that is cooking in the oven. I'll have it when it's ready :hapfeet:

• Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      Ok.....I admit I think I'm addicted :D; I first have a look in the morning (several times) between 5.30 & 8, before going out and then at dinner time, and then at regular intervals throughout the afternoon and evening until bedtime :D

Even if there hasn't been much activity between my visits I'm always thinking of something to post that my of interest or helpful - I just love it on here, everyone's so helpful and friendly, a proper little community of 'eager beaver' gardeners :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
      • Cornwall Gardener

Cornwall Gardener Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +0
        I belong to several Gardening forums, as well as ones dedicated to Cricket, The Archers and Strictly Come Dancing :o
        I usually visit the Message Boards/Forums after getting up and reading Ceefax with my first coffee of the morning. I have 3 more coffees whilst at the computer.I revisit my favourite sites in the late morning, late afternoon, early evening and then after my OH has retired to bed at about 11pm. Don't know what I'd do without my Virtual Friends :loll:

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +53,893
        Welcome to Gardeners Corner. Do you actually find time for any gardening with that schedule. :heehee: