What's your occupation ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Webmaster, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Recent early retirement from the NHS, ex Casualty sister, ex HR manager, ex clinical risk manager - all with the acute sector NHS. All good fun, and it continues now. Life was and is good.

2. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    Banking, but thankfully only part time now.

3. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh I thought you said "Barking" and I thought there could not be two of us in the same group - as in "Barking mad"

4. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    Nursery Supervisor for Weymouth Parks Dept, before that nursery propagtor Havant parks, an exotics nursery Havant, propagator Enfield parks, Rochfords House Plants Cheshunt.
    38 years under glass and no tan! :D

5. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    Nursery Supervisor for Weymouth Parks Dept, before that nursery propagtor Havant parks, an exotics nursery Havant, propagator Enfield parks, Rochfords House Plants Cheshunt.
    38 years under glass and no tan!

6. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    oops!!! done it again double post, perhaps thats 76 years then! :rolleyes:

7. Poppy33

Poppy33 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Student veterinary nurse..I love my job, its hard work , long hours but very rewarding [​IMG]

8. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    Hey, Poppy33, we love you ... you take care of our precious ones!!!

9. Poppy33

Poppy33 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou for your kind words Lady of Leisure..I am very privileged to spend my days working with animal owners, they are always very nice people [​IMG]

10. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Gosh! Everyone's very accomplished! Feel rather inferior adding my post! I cater for builders (food not tools :D ). Single mum, 3 kids, overworked, underpaid and desperate to win the lottery :D :D

11. Poppy33

Poppy33 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Windy, don't say you feel inferior adding your post :( Sounds like you do a very worthwhile job and work very hard. Each and everyone of us are just as important [​IMG]
    PS I am also underpaid and want to win the lottery :D

12. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,076
    Are we talking the old site canteen windy, if so you are a very important person indeed. :D
    Being a joiner, with the occasional trips to sites, I,ve been in some.
    Been joining bits of wood for the last 36yrs, only got to last out another 14, then they dump me.
    Great life aint it. :D

13. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    windy..every job is important ..you are serving a purpose..i have done jobs that were awfull when the daughter was young..cleaning..barmaid..cashier in a betting office with loads of rude men to put up with..anything to work around her school hours and i did it..I even had a job once with a load of turkish and german workers and we all spoke different languages that was great fun!!at the end of the day you have to live...I have also had good jobs working for the army as a civilian and working in a computer college and they were really boring ..so boring at the college i made them move a window as i couldnt see outside..it was claustraphobic..at least you have plenty of people to talk too.. [​IMG]

14. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Im a hairdresser - part time now - I have 2 grown up(?) girls and now look after 2 dogs, 8 rabbits and the garden ....oh, and hubby ofcourse ;) I used to work all hours when the girls were small and nearly drove myself into the ground - would never do it again :rolleyes:

15. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Pete,
    Full English and 2 toast for �£2.75! I give the verbal abuse for free :D It's a great laugh, but hard work. The only job I've ever had where I can swear at people and no-one bats an eyelid :D The site's coming to an end soon and as yet we haven't got another one to go to. So looks like it's shelf stacking at Asda for me :(
    Marge, yep I'm just about in the ground myself. Trouble is I'd have to dig the hole myself :D