What's your occupation ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Webmaster, Jun 30, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    everyone is doing something, i am a housewife, look after the hubby and our dog, Thought about getting a job, but when the hubby goes away working i go with him and i would just end up having to put my notice in. I have just started market research on line but i dont consider that going out to work as i do it from home. I love walking the dog and going to garden centres and i love shopping.

2. Poppy33

Poppy33 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    sounds a lovely life, why would you want to change [​IMG] do you get to go to nice places with your hubby :cool:

3. sparkle

sparkle Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Hi DAG
    The walks don't get any easier!! As they are easy walks (there really are some easy ones up there)I don't seem to work off the food - but it's not the food's fault so it wouldn't be fair to cut that back. Of course, age doesn't help either - but life's great so who cares!
    ---------------
    shiney

5. AndyG

AndyG Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in I.T. during the week and DJ in clubs (playing techno!) at weekends sometimes. Would rather be gardening these days though, must be getting old i reckon!

6. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Hi AndyG do you have website for your own mixes ?

BM

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    At the moment no as he is working off-shore we are waiting for a long term job coming off in wales, it was put back 5 weeks just been told it will be another 5 weeks which will now take us into august. at least the weather should still be nice unless the job gets put back any further.
    I was offered a job last year holding events. horse racing, cricket, football but turned it down, sort of regret it now and it involved a lot of driving and late nights, not to worry.

8. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    hi rosa,lifes like that.i think it just means it wasnt meant to be cos the right thing is waiting just around the corner.that probably sounds a bit naive but that is what life has taught me.(she says,in her infinate wisdom :rolleyes: )i dont "work" either now,i trained to be a hairdresser when i left school,but a few years later i was in a traffic accident and hurt my back and my left arm so that was the end of that.ive done many many things since from factory work to working in a private school run by monks(that was a hoot! :D )ive been a singer in a band and worked in a fish and chip shop in Devon.at the moment im like youself,just waiting for the right thing.itll come soon enough. [​IMG]

[ 08. July 2006, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: michaelmasdaisy ]

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi elainefiz, Thats weird i was a hairdresser when i left school did 3 years and i still cut, colour and style my own very rarely go to the hairdressers, then i worked as an ncr punch operator for the co-op for years, same here had an accident did my back unlike you did mine water-ski-ing used to jump ski and misjudged and hit the top of the jump, had bother with my back all these years. ive worked in a factory when i was 15 mind i have never worked with monks or nuns .

10. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    I'm afraid I'm boring - I used to be a teacher of French and German to loads of kids who didn't want to learn, and now I run my own garden maintenance firm. Quite a change - and definitely for the better! :D (P.S. Mr D is a tax inspector!)

11. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    What's wrong with teaching ... if it wasn't for the likes of you, where would we be ??? I spoke French when I lived in Montreal (was a wee small lass then) and my sister lives in Germany .. and I hardly speak a word of it although t'other half learnt German and Latin for two years ... and ... und er spreche nicht ein wort (it's been a long time and he can't remember well, grey cells???)

Don't ask me, I haven't a clue ... my brother-in-law (German) was an English teacher ??? !!!

As for Mr D, well, I've got nothing to hide ... except my flabby bits! :D :D :D

12. T

T Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi well I think Im the one you would love to hate Im a driving examiner But the stories about us are not all true we really do have a sense of humour we need it. And although I'm not an experienced gardner believe me when I get home all I want to do is potter about and weed something thats not hell bent on killing me.

13. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm a sports physio by trade, but self employment did my head in so I now manage the clinic where I worked from! It's an osteopathic and complementary health clinic, I do the odd reiki healing there, and if nobody's free I will fix up a poor injured bad back :D

14. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
    I have terrible back pain sometimes, due to a car accident about 6 years ago, sometimes i twist my back and get a loud crack :( , Staffs is too far though :(

15. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Nathan, There is a very good osteopath in Hockley that I could recommend.