What's your weather like.? MK3.. - Part 1

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by GardenersCorner, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,475
    It reached 66F in the protected part of the garden today and there were plenty of bees and butterflies around, but the temperature started dropping quite quickly as the sun went down.

2. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,475
    I'm not bothered about the 'h' but the 'p' in the 'arbour is a bit worrying. :loll:

3. moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
    +243
    Market day today,

Evening all,
    weather first, Once again its been really nice, warm (ive been in just 'T' shirt and overalls all day)

In our village its the weekly open market and as the suns been out it tends to bring a lot more people to the market,

Now the french like doing the kissy kissy thing! "I dont mind this off the ladies" after alls said and done thats one reason an ugly thing like me came to france for, the free kiss :WINK1::WINK1:

But two things i just can't get to grips with, (1) the men doing the kissy kissy bit to each other, (2) Well let me explain incase people who dont know will understand, we dont pay to park, we have huge car parking areas in the village two in fact and on top of these two car parks we have the church car park and the marchette (supermarket) massive car park,

No such thing as a traffic warden here and yet people will park as close to the super market doorways as they possibly can "almost through the doors"
    inspite of notices saying do not park in this space,

The open market is the same, the area for the stalls etc is within the old chained off area and every intended gap in this chained area for people and prams to be able to enter the market area "Has a car blocking the way in":nono:

I said to the wife "what the hell would these people do if they lived in the uk and had to pay to park:mad:

Some people just dont know how lucky they are,

Well now ive had my blow off i feel much better, (And we did win the war didnt we!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:)

4. moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
    +243
    Is it something ive said? or maybe smelly armpits

Evening all,
    Im the only one talking about the weather today, has the bomb dropped and im the only one left,

Well here's the weather from dept 23 here in france.
    Its been cooler today but the suns been trying to come out (not like one or two people ref the weather thread:whistle::whistle::whistle: say no more.)

Well my day has been a really happy one for two reasons, (1) i went to collect the shredder i told you about,
    It's second hand but like new, it took some loading onto the trailer but we managed it and the unloading was a lot better& quicker.

The shredder works off the (PTO.) section of a tractor so you dont have a motor as such just a series of turning cogs and belts,

Well once off the trailer i set to work to connect all the linkage and then read the instruction book ref safe ways to use this beast,

It can cause very bad injuries if you get caught up by the rotation action of the blades "so it pays to read first"

Then it was the big test to see that it will shred up 6inch thick branch etc,
    and it eats them like hell and you get two things "1" a nice mulch & "2" a nice smell off the shredded wood.

So tomorrow im going to give this machine a service and good clean of the shute etc, (these do get blockages if they're not kept clean and dry)

Now reason (2) for it being a good day was i got a call from the animal rescue people to check how "Roxanne" the half starved 10 year old german shep, we're fostering is coming along.

Ive really bonded with this dog, and tobe honest ive been dreading the call
    "We've found a home for her"
    But the news today was "would you like to keep her? as she's 10 years old we feel we will have problems finding a home.

Well it was music to my ears, "Inspite of the germans bombing my nans house during the 2nd world war" well not all germans are the same are they? & Roxanne is a German shep dog after all.

I was trying to think of a way of telling them at the S.P.A "Roxanne" was'nt going anywere "but now i dont have to":D

So it's beena really good day for me,

:dbgrtmb: I hope your having the same

5. Murphy's Mum

Murphy's Mum Gardener

I work with the public - enough said :-)
    Ratings:
    +27
    It was a gorgeous sunny day here (Central Scotland) and 10 degrees but it's now 6 degrees outside. We are apparently in for a very cold few days until Wednesday though according to Net Weather.

6. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,894
    Sunshine and cloud today but dry. Heavy rain for the last hour. 6C at the moment.

Got half my seeds going today and spring cleaned the greenhouse. :)

7. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,894
    A cold but sunny day today. 5C at present.

8. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    We've all been a bit busy with the board change today Moonraker, not the armpits

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,475
    Speak for yourself, ziggy!! :loll:

Yesterday, heavy rain - which is the first for months - followed by some snow. This morning, sunny and very windy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Murphy's Mum

Murphy's Mum Gardener

I work with the public - enough said :-)
      Ratings:
      +27
      It was a cold frosty start to the day today, but cheered up into a gorgeous sunny day (but chilly).

• Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      Rained for most of the day yesterday and was cold too...

Today has been a lovely sunny day, warm out of the wind which was a tad chilly..

• Trunky

Trunky ...who nose about gardening

Professional Gardener (retired)
      Ratings:
      +10,740
      Ah, the great British climate. As recently as last Thursday at work we were in t-shirts on a warm, calm, almost summery day.
      My dad used to call it a 'weather breeder', meaning a few warm, sunny days in early March would inevitably be followed by some foul weather soon afterwards.
      Well 'foul' would be one way to describe today's weather; a lowering grey sky persisted all day, accompanied by driving northerly winds and horizontal rain with occasional sleet thrown in for good measure. The kind of day when you have to keep busy just to avoid hypothermia setting in. :sad:
      Still, we do need the rain.

• Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
      Ratings:
      +7,341
      Are you in shock, are you OK
      rain that is that wet stuff you have, and snow that is the freezing cold white rain you have Shiney, but your plants will love it, well maybe six weeks ago

Today in Fife, very sunny but very cold about 5c all day, started off with a -3c all white ground it started clearing around 11:00
      Quite mild tonight though

Jack McH

• moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
      +243
      Evening all,
      Have i landed in the right place?????????
      Weather here today "france"
      well since you've changed the layout, It's sleet here today, and i forgot my password and the dogs had kittens, so its been a crap day so far. (I hope your not going to do this every week?)

But ive had a better day yesterday (played with my new "second hand" shredder,
      these are great bits of kit, ive chipped up two wheelbarrows of mulch and im made up.
      So now ive worked out how to get here!!!!
      I'll not change my underarm smelly stuff :ThankYou:

• merleworld

merleworld Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,087
      Morning. Frost overnight - thankfully I resisted planting out all the young climbers I've bought and brought them all in or they'd have been very unhappy.

Currently -1C.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.