What's your weather like.? MK3.. - Part 1

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by GardenersCorner, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
    +243
    Evening all,
    Weather here today "well you can never trust the weather forcast can you ?
    it said "it would be mild with sunny spells, dry and no wind,

It's been cold, and trying to rain all day "one of those days you'd be better off indoors"
    So if you see sonebody walking around that looks like they're into weather forcast?? I bet they've got a huge nose:pcthwack:

But i didnt let this cold dull day put me off living "no i unloaded another trailer full of logs and then set about doing the weekly tractor check, ie oil/water/nipples oooh yes they need attention greasing. And a general checking of nuts, linkage etc and last of all the tryre's,

Im sure alot of country folk already know that tractors cause a lot of death to people using them due to the daily & weekly checks not being done and its these lack of service work that causes the accidents, ie bolts becoming loose and lifting gear falling apart and the tractor tilting over, wheel nuts becoming loose is a common problem,
    so having said this i feel tomorrows working day with the tractor should be a safe one,
    legs & fingers and anything else crossed:wub2:

• Like Like x 1
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,838
      I don't suppose I should have been disappointed with today's weather but I was!!:WINK1: It was mild for this time of year, 54f, it was dry, there was little wind. But it was so cloudy and dull that without the sun it seemed colder than it was. Still, I managed some planting and a bit more sowing, got some frog spawn out of the pond into a container so the fish wouldn't make a meal of it, so that's not too bad I guess.:biggrin:

• Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
      Ratings:
      +3,035
      Wall to wall blue all day and temp peaked at 17C. Cut one lawn, chopped back and shredded lots of overgrown bushes, finished digging the first half of the veg beds and started weeding the bed we intended doing LAST Spring.
      Had to discard my fleece and work in shirt sleeves !:hapydancsmil:

• Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      The temperature topped out at 22.2 degrees here yesterday afternoon.....:wow: :SUNsmile:

It's currently 2.3 degrees; a drop of almost 20 degrees over night....amazing :hate-shocked:

Just goes to show we shouldn't be fooled just yet by warm (or in yesterday's case very warm) days as the nights are still cold...

• Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      After the almost 'hot' weather of Sunday, yesterday was disappointing for the most part, it was overcast and quite cool at around 6-8 degrees until midday, the sun then made an appearance for the afternoon and it was quite pleasant for a few hours, temperature topping out at 16.2 degrees...:SUNsmile:

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +122,466
      Yesterday was very disappointing as we had been promised better weather than Sunday. By lunchtime it had only reached 42F and when the sun grudgingly came out it briefly rose to 50F. That didn't last and by 4 p.m. it dropped back to 47F. Currently it's 43F with the 'promise' of 60+ and the temperature gradually rising all week until we reach the weekend - and then it's supposed to be cool and wet.

• Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
      Ratings:
      +1,668
      Its been beautiful here, we are breaking records because its been so warm!

• Like Like x 2
      • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +53,893
        Grey skies here since last weekend and the weather sort of 'hanging'. No wind, no rain and no sun. Temperatures reasonable though.

• Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
        Ratings:
        +6,654
        Similar here too Sheal, the last 2 days have been much the same, very 'still', the afternoons have been slightly better than the mornings with a bit of hazy sunshine breaking through warming things up a bit.

Yesterday it got to 12 degrees, but it is currently 0 degrees and foggy!!!

• Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
        Ratings:
        +1,668
        Raining at the moment, and we had thunder around 6am today.....very odd for March.

• ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
        +100,838
        We've had cold [39f max] weather over the last 4 days. The sky looks like someone has painted it a smooth grey from horizon to horizon. There's been very little wind to move the cloud. The only thing that is odd is that at around 5pm the skies would clear and the sun would come out briefly, but too briefly to warm anything up.

What's really irritating is to hear the Weather Forecasters telling me for the last few days that it will be warm and some sun will be seen. Having the mentality of a 5 year old I get up every morning with the optimistic semi belief that it might happen..............Idiot!:snork:

• Like Like x 2
        • Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
          Ratings:
          +6,654
          Yesterday was a carbon copy of Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, still, light cloud cover, dry, hazy sun in the afternoon, temp topped out at 10 degrees yesterday so slightly cooler...

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
          Ratings:
          +122,466
          Did you try looking out of a different window? The weather may have been different there! :smile:

The fog cleared just before noon and then the sun was warm. In the space of an hour the temperature rose from 49F to 61F. Then it got gradually warmer until it reached 65F and dropped quickly again when the sun went down.

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +53,893
          What a dismal day. Drizzle this morning, followed by heavy rain since. Oh for some sunshine please! 8C.

• merleworld

merleworld Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +4,087
          Finally got some rain today, after a pretty dry couple of weeks where I've had to water the containers every other day.

[​IMG]

Heavy rain forecast off and on all day, which suits me as I intend to secrete myself away on the sofa watching Breaking Dawn and then the Rugby (come on Wales) with lots of beer [​IMG]

Not so nice for walking the dogs this morning though.

Forecast to be sunny from lunchtime onwards tomorrow, so will get out in the garden and plant some Clematis :cool:

Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.