What's your weather like.? MK3.. - Part 1

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by GardenersCorner, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,190
    Mother Nature has forgotten about us ... we were 15c today, are 7c now and rain can't find us ... we are having to water yet again every couple of days. I believe all of Portugal is under drought warnings. Yesterday we did have delivered more firewood (first time in ten years living here) just in case we are in for something nasty ... :love30:

In the meantime we are meeting friends for lunch tomorrow up at the hotel in the hills and will probably eat outside ..

2. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    Temperature dropped quickly to -3 after dark last night but then by around 10pm it was back up to 0 degrees and its currently 2.5 degrees and cloudy, first morning without a frost for over a week :yess:

3. Louise D

Louise D Head Gardener

Medical.
    Ratings:
    +502
    3 degrees and a nice morning, high cloud, peaceful and lovely :)

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,487
    The temperature here in Shineyland has been gradually rising from -10C at midnight through -9 by 2 a.m. to a lovely warm -4 at the moment.

I'll have to go out shortly to fill up the bird feeders as "the girls" are hanging around waiting.

5. Boghopper

Boghopper Gardener

Ratings:
    +225
    Been snowing this morning and settling nicely on the frozen ground. Not good news as we've probably got to drive to North London later to see our daughter who's poorly and miserable.:(

6. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    6.5 degrees this afternoon; tropical by recent standards and now its raining too - they didn't forecast that though....:scratch:

7. moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
    +243
    Sunday is sunday .

Evening All,
    Well it's sunday and this last week has just flown by, we're do the days go?
    But sunday's have always had a different feel to them than any of the other days.

Weather here today again like yesterday -10 and a very still day "no wind"

Ive done my duty and done two walkies, one at 8am and the last one at 5-30pm and to be honest i think all 3 dogs wanted to get back indoors,

But ive some smashing news and it's this,
    As you know ive 3 dogs, (2 we own) but 1 "roxanne" we foster for the local S.P.A., now roxanne is 10years old, she''s a she, (hate the wording bitch so she's a she dog)
    Now she'd had a bad time for the last two years and infact when we collected her she really was a sight, "So thin & her coat was like wire, eyes dull and her breath stunk, she was so scared off everything,

But about 10 weeks we've had her and she's so loving and she's filling out a little, she's settled in so well "But we did have a problem with her passing food" ie nothing came out solid, and this is'nt good as the body is'nt getting the goodness of the food,

But for 7 days now every visit to the loo "so to speak" its been solid and to me its like winning the lotto, im so pleased she's making a good all round recovery.

I can't wait for the warmer weather when she can enjoy the outside area's.

I dont expect anyone to want a 10 year old german shep, and if anyone ask about her im thinking of saying she' hates people, and she likes kids "eating them", she's not house trained (she just wont pull the chain after her)
    Sometimes love just pops in when you least expect it, i dont think i could let her go now.

8. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Aww, thats lovely Moonraker.

9. maksim

maksim Gardener

Worker in Milan Malpensa Airport
    Castano Primo (Milan), 6 degrees south, 8 degrees
    Ratings:
    +59
    It is a sort af Ice-age spell.
    For sure, that's what it is where I live (if compared to usual temperature figures).
    Here the picture of the present month in
    MILAN MALPENSA AIRPORT

Latitude: 45° 37' North of the Equator
    Longitude: 8° 23' East of Greenwich

Elevation: 768 ft above main sea level

[​IMG]

10. maksim

maksim Gardener

Worker in Milan Malpensa Airport
    Castano Primo (Milan), 6 degrees south, 8 degrees
    Ratings:
    +59
    I myself have a feeling that something unusual is going on in our continent.
    Unexpectedly dry in Portugal, unexpectedly warm in Iceland, unexpectedly cold in mid-southern Europe. That's unusual, to put it mildly...
    Also in my home, northern Italy, has been one of the rainless autumn-winter ever. Then, two days snowing (following countless weeks without any rainfall) and over these days bitterly cold but very dry at the same time.
    Furthermore, it looks like that when raifalls occur, they are in a much too huge amount as if it should "balance" all the previous days with no rainfalls.
    Then, flods and catastrophes occur.
    The answer is:
    is that due to the "normal" waving trend of climate over the ages or it is DUE to HUMAN ACTIVITY on our planet ???
    Who knows...

• Like Like x 1
    • miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,389
      The climate has been evolving for a few billion years and Earth is just a fragment of some explosion...

• moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
      +243
      Save it dont burn it.

Evening all,
      Weather first, freezing cold today but no more falling snow flakes,

Ive been refilling up our log store, the store was once a goat building,
      its made of stone and a slate roof and its about 8 feet long by approx 5 feet wide with a space that goes up to the roof area "no ceiling" so wood can be stored all the way to the top,

Ive been bringing in the wood thats sat out side for two years along the fence and this little lot has re-filled the log store,

Burning logs is a good idea when you live in the countryside and every day while talking the dogs for their walkies i see fallen trees and logs all over the paths, so i do tend to take the tractor&trailer out and collect this wood
      its surprising how much you can save by collecting waste wood,
      and lets face it nows the time for a nice fire to sit around.:)

• *dim*

*dim* Head Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,593
      Nah ... the Mayans knew .... just a pity the Spaniards wiped them out before they had a chance to finish their calendar

:D

• Like Like x 1
      • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +53,905
        Maksim,

I read a lot of history and the weather patterns hundreds of years ago were just as erratic as they are now, so I'm not so sure it is what we now call, 'climate change'. I believe just like everything else in this world of ours, that the weather goes through changes and it will settle down again in the future. :)

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +53,905
        Cloudy today with a brief glimpse of sunshine. 8C but chilly in the wind. 8C now too at 9.30pm. :)

Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.