What's your weather like.? MK3.. - Part 1

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by GardenersCorner, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    Another lovely day yesterday, temperature topped 15 degrees; a little cooler than the day before and we had a few spots of rain just after dinner but nothing that spoilt it..

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,476
    Yesterday was another warm sunny day and I cut 200ft of privet before the birds started nesting :thumbsup:.

This morning it's 7C, not the slightest breeze and brilliant sunshine. It bodes well for the day.

3. maksim

maksim Gardener

Worker in Milan Malpensa Airport
    Castano Primo (Milan), 6 degrees south, 8 degrees
    Ratings:
    +59
    Warm, dry, sunny and cloudless.
    Temperature around +15 C (+60 F) at 11 AM.
    Yesterday, low at minus 1 C (+30 F), high at +18 C ! (+64 F).
    Think that some days ago, the low temperature drop at minus 18 C !
    ( 0 F).
    Over the last monthes (say from last summer untill now), the rainfall was very very low.
    As a consequence of that, the grass on the gardens and meadows has steadily stay yellow.
    In summer was yellow because of the dry-hot weather, over the autumn-winter monthes, it keep on being yellow but - this time - because of the lack of significant rainfall and of low freezing temperatures as cold as minus 5 C, minus 10 C and even minus 18 C !
    That's absolutely unusual for my home-region.
    It's a picture that could rather be fancy when thinking at some dry-cold regions as Kazakstan, Mongolia, Gobi desert or the interior-continental regions of USA (North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, etc.).
    It's really mad the weather over this 2011 / 2012 season. Very much so.

4. moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
    +243
    The sky's got a sign to tell.

Evening all;
    Weather here (france) today has been smashing all day,
    Ive been continuing to prune the apple trees in the orchard, "Its one one those jobe you think you'll do more than you really do, but im happy with todays little lot,
    But i must tell you something thats happend as i was finishing for the day,

Again (it's the second time this has happend in the last two weeks) i could hear this noise above and the sky had two big lines of cranes flying over our house roof,
    it really is early in the year for this to happen and im really convinced we're going to have a hot summer "But we'll see"

You must admit the weather really is strange for this time of the year "febuary" a few members have said its more like june in some parts of the uk.

Lets hope we're in for some smashing weather this summer, 'It always makes people feel better when the sun shines:coffee::coffee:

5. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Today has been cold but yesterday was a beautiful spring like day.

6. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thick fog, but starting to burn off, very bright, could be a nice day when it goes.

7. dirt-digger

dirt-digger Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +27
    nice and sunny this morning but still a bit chilly
    so out in the garden this morning doing some more digging and a bit of cleaning of the pond

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    What a summers day blue skies and warm enough for a barbi:WINK1::)

9. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    Overcast and misty but we still went for our morning walk.

And such a pleasure to see the Red Squirrel climb a tree then jump from top to tree across road in a garden.

They have a good run its a marvelous site.

10. moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
    +243
    When im calling youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Evening all,

weather hear (no wrong sort of here) it should be here, 2 day (Pc's gone mad, to day is just nice, sunny mild no wind and as its sunday "really quiet"
    As ive said in the passed "So quiet" i swear you could hear a mouse fart:whistle:

Ive been in the garden tidying up all the bits off the trees i pruned yesterday and as ( her in doors) has gone all funny ref having the chain saw going on a sunday,)
    i could only get the tractor out and take all these tree bits down to whats going to be the allotment in the near future ready for future burning, "the tractor makes twice the noise of the chain saw anyway:cry3:

But as i unloaded the trailer and then sat on the tractor bonnet i couldnt help but notice the views, just miles & miles of fields and the odd track in the distance, I really do enjoy these views and the peace the countryside brings,
    Having said that you have to make sure your loved ones know we're your at! after all if you do have an accident out in the open you'll not be found by chance,
    And so that brings me to todays cock up (excuse the wording)

She (who must be obeyed)
    has a mobile phone and she insisted that i take it with me down to this field thats going to be my allotment very soon,

Now to be fair this field is 5 mins walk from our house, But we do live in the middle of fields so we're a bit hidden away, "ive seen moles with bourds saying (get the human out,) its that remote and to get to the field im going deeper away from humans and used tracks,

So the mobile phone is a good idea "as the wife said" if you get killed by that tractor falling on you or a wild boar kills you! give me a ring??

Well i got back to our home to be greeted by "why didnt you reply to my call??????

Your dinners in the dog now!:what:

It was then i remembered I'd put the phone on the tractor mud guard! & since then ive come back here "home" with ear noise protectors on my ears to drown out the tractor sound & mobile phone sounds.

Well to cut a long "looking period short" Ive been looking for a phone that gets called from our living room every 3 mins by her indoors, so i can try and hear it some place in the middle of the countryside:dunno:

But after an hour or so i returned "very sad looking "only to be told, the phone in your tractors ringing:what:
    Yes it was there all the time, trapped between the mudguard and the tractor body, and it works great:yess:

So as you can hear????? ive had a smashing day what about you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      Glorious day yesterday after a chilly start, wall to wall sunshine, no wind, although thermometer said it topped out at 12 degrees it felt much warmer :sunny:

• merleworld

merleworld Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,087
      No sun here unfortunately, but it was mostly dry (apart from the teeniest tiniest bit of drizzle at one point). Warm enough to get out in the garden and do some stuff.

Today is forecast to be 10C with rain later - currently 8.2C.

• wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
      Ratings:
      +91,667
      Good morning all very mild here but some rain:)

• moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
      +243
      Feeling like a cowboy!!!!

Evening all,
      Weather first, well to be honest again today around 8am i looked up towards the sky and i'd say a few hundred this time "Cranes" we're flying overhead, What an amazing sight to see, (early summers coming)

Its been warm mild / no wind (yes you know mouse noise weather)
      its been like june.

Ive been to the farmers forest cutting logs all day (3 really large oak trees down and 2 cut into 1mtr lengths,

My dear (really dear at times) wife came along to help and she really dressed for the job, pink wellies, a leather looking skirt white blouse and "wait for it" a cowboy or should it be cow girl hat:whistle:

As i cut the trees my cow girl was gathering twig like bits for staring the fires "A lot of the local french collect dry bit for fire lighting and why not, ?

I looked across at one stage to see if she was out of the way as a tree was about to fall and it was then it came to me,

In those old cowboy films the wooden cabin would be miles away from any other ranch and the husband would be away driving cattle or fighting some war,

His wife would have her hair tied in a bun (blond hair) and in the distance she'd see this horse coming like a bat out of hell and a cowboy covered in dust,
      He'd dismount and howdy mam, "as he drank a ladel of water from the well"

The cowgirl would be drying her hands having finished washing clothing in a tub,

Now this is the point im trying to make "why was it that all the cowgirls had white blouses on ? they never had any sign of dust, and looked a lot like "Miss world"?

Well is it true or am i imagening it???:sofa:

Well more logging tomorrow:dbgrtmb:

• Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      Lovely start to the day but clouded over this afternoon and has been raining steadily for a few hours now, mild though.....and we do need the rain

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.