What's your weather like.? MK3..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Marley Farley, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Brilliant sunshine now :sunny: :(

2. Gay Gardener

Gay Gardener Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,978
    Mild and about 7 C, rained most of the night, sunny this morning, now there is a fierce hailstorn which has been going on for about 20 minutes. Bizarre.

3. moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
    +243
    Nice one again today

Evening all,
    Well its been on the brightside here today and i came into contact with a herd of deer while out with the dogs this morning,

The last dog we got is'nt really owned by us as we foster the odd dog from the local P.S.A. people (protection society of animals) a bit like the R.S.P.C.A.

And the foster one is a german shep, and her name is "ROXANNE" and she's 10 years of age and as daft as a brush, well when the deer all turned around in the lane and looked at the dogs, "Henry" the so called rescued hunting dog, just sat and windged, "boue", are other dog " sat and gave me his paw and "ROXANNE" decided to run for it in the opposit direction,
    The deer ran the other way,

So weather wise it's been a nice one and dog walkies wise? i'll let you decide.:scratch:

• Like Like x 2
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +53,893
      Heavy rain showers all day with a sprinkling of snow on the mountain. Very cold too. Average 2C.

• shiney

Ratings:
      +122,466
      Frost overnight but the sun has cleared it.

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Lovely Sunny day, out with no coat. Solar has heated the water upto 27c, not bad for January.

• Like Like x 2
      • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
        +100,838
        The day started off well with sunshine, blue skies and puffy white clouds, but has gone done hill since:what: We've now got dark grey clouds covering the sky entirely, cold rain every now and then, with an outside temperature of 42f. We've also got a vague forecast of snow during Sunday night and Monday morning..........wonderful:cry3:

• shiney

Ratings:
        +122,466
        Still very sunny with the promise of rain tonight (I won't hold my breathe).

• Boghopper

Boghopper Gardener

Ratings:
        +225
        Fab day. Started of with frost on the car but the sun persisted all day.

• moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
        +243
        weekends almost here!

evening all,
        Well it was a bit misty first thing this morning and as its friday (nearly the weekend we're the time goes i just dont know)

But here in this part of france the last friday of the week is "full" open market day, this means that both carparks are full of all the traders trying to sell anything from veg to wine to olives and furniture,

Now call me daft if you want but as this is a very small part of france ive never really understood how any market trader could turn up on the last friday of every month just selling matteress's for the bed?

I mean is there some big bed wetting competition going on i dont know about???

I just cant see this trader making a living any otherway can you?

But life here is very back dated, very country like and not a lot really happens and the old ways have out shon any attempt for new ways to come.

Let me explain,
        as we are deep in the countryside public transport ie the bus ect run about once a month, we dont have bus stops so even if we did have a local time table no ones worked out how to stop the bus driver and so the locals all have their own ways of getting around and to market day.

If you've never passed a driving test or you've been a naugty boy or girl and lost your driving permit, then you go to the post office and get a permit to drive a very low cc one person car, (its got a lawn mower engine in it & its max speed is 45mph) on a good day with the wind to your rear.

Well to all the normal (passed their test drivers) who see one of these post office permit holders driving along the roads knowing that its (a) some old dear thats never passed a driving test or (b) some drunk who has been given the dog dam right to be able to go at a max of 45mph to the nearest wine bar "You get the hell out of their way" (if you value your life)

But this is french countryside law, because they live in the sticks they're allowed transport to buy their food etc,and attend the hospital or doctor,

Well today i was standing outside the breadshop while my dearest was inside buying bread and gasing away to the locals,

Then it happend,
        "Yes" one of those 45mph max lawn mowers on wheels came to a jerky halt, the door was kicked open and a pair of old (very old) legs fell out,
        the sort of legs that have the old fashioned nylons supported at the knee with thick elastic bands, then the two wicker-basket shopping baskets hit the pavement, then the walking stick and last of all the woman,

As she tugged herself to an upright standing possition and got hold of the bags and left the car door wide open she saw a friend and as they do in france started to kiss each other and walk away from the car (door still open, keys in the ignition and her dog sitting there on the back shelf,
        the car started to roll down the hill slowly but gathering up speed,

Two old farmers ran after the car and managed to stop it before it caused any life threatening situations.

The old dear by now was half way down the street and non the wiser to what had just happend,

Me! well i couldnt help but think "it's just another day in country life":loll:

• Like Like x 1
        • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +53,893
          Woke up to frost this morning, but a cold bright day so far.

The ice off my bird bath below. :)

Attached Files:

• ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
          +100,838
          Bright and sunny today, but as usual it felt cold than it actually was. The forecast for Sunday night and Monday morning is getting firmer regarding snow:cry3: The outside temperature is reading 39f.:D

• shiney

Ratings:
          +122,466
          The promised rain for last night almost got here - but it lost its way!

Very sunny today but a chilly wind.

• Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          It's been a glorious sunny day here....crisp clean air...cold but refreshing:dbgrtmb:

• moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
          +243
          It's arrived, sleet?

Evening all,
          Well a bit of a shock this morning 7am, got up (thanks to the rescue dog letting us know its a new day,
          And the bathroom shutters flung open only to show me it was sleeting down (Not a nice sight) as the day light came in you could see the lawn was a bit like me (showing signs of grey) but what can you expect after all it is january is'nt it.

Ive spent most of today outside or should i say in & out, I bought a second hand granit trough, it's 72inch long by 14inch wide and it's solid, weight is nearly 2 ton so as you can imagen it took some handling to get onto the trailer (4 men and one tractor) but unloading it was via (1 man 1 woman & one tractor,
          Loading took nearly 3 hours "who said man work well together?" whats that old saying to many cooks spoil the "Trough":heehee:

Anyway after the farther and son had finished telling each other off and we we're loaded i headed home, once home and the dogs had been put inside it took us two 1 hour to both unload and push the trough into possition.

This trough was made by the old lady i bought it off and she's 91 it was her late husbands farther who cut this block of granit into shape as a horse water trough so it's over 150 years old.

I asked the old lady if she was sure she really wanted to sell it?

She looked at me and said "Yes" the horse died years ago and so its not used anymore. :scratch:

Talk about never work with children or animals (i'll add one to this -Or 91 year old ladies)

The trough looks good on our court yard's gravel and im going to have it filled with small chippings and geraniums in their pots sunk down in the chippings, As the trough has no drainage hole i think this idea should work.

One things for sure nobody will be moving this in the dead of the night:DOH:

But by the end of the day i was wet/cold and ready for the log fire and a nice evening indoors.

Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.