What's your weather like.? MK3..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Marley Farley, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Cold and foggy at the moment. I've driven up to London and back this morning and the driving wasn't too bad. Up again this afternoon. It's starting to bighten up and I think it will be sunny by the time I go out again.

• Like Like x 1
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,838
      Bright and Sunny, Shiney???:dunno::scratch::D It's just the opposite here in West Cheshire!! A very dull, grey day with "wall to wall" smooth grey cloud. I had a wander around the garden and still managed to feel good seeing all the shoots coming up. We didn't have the forecast frost this morning and the temperature hasn't got above 37f today. My Weather Station is predicting raining in the next few hours.:cry3:

• Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      well it hasn't got above 2 degrees here...a proper January day:)...i wanted to plant a couple of buxus as it's been so mild but the ground is far too hard today....its forcast very cold weather for this week here so they'll have to wait......

• Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      A light frost last night, then a lovely sunrise but that was it, it then clouded over and has been grey and bitterly cold all day, temperature stuck around 2 degrees, followed by some light rain just before dark....

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Same here Bilob.

Cold n 'orrible.

• moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
      +243
      Evening all,

I hope you all went to church today?????
      I couldnt make it this week "maybe next!

Weather here today in dept 23 france,

Well put it this way, Im only to pleased i was'nt born a brass monkey:rolleyespink:

Yes its been that cold all day,
      The bird table is proof, ive filled it twice today,

The birds really do need food and not forgetting water when the weather's so cruel.

You see people in really cold weather wearing all kinds of clothing to keep warm, and some (like me just can't be all wrapped up) i have to be able to feel free, and ive got a dodgy bladder so i need access and sometimes very quick. (Yes i know to much information)

Now having said that living here in the middle of the countryside i see a lot of the local farmers and wives, Well this morning at 12 noon i was returning from "Walkies" when i came across the mother of my nearest farmer, now the son is in his late 40's and his mother was walking down the track with their sheep dog moving the cows from one field to the other,

(I know what your thinking "sheep dog==== cow's!!!! well it may be an irish sheep dog for all i know)

she did have a tea pot warmer knitted hat on , wellies, overalls and a few jumpers,

bright red smiling face and walking along the lane "happy as the day was long" the dog looked up at her and the whole scene was a picture to be seen.

I had my overall's on "hat fit for an idiot to wear' boots jumper and scarf,
      I looked as fresh as she did(farmers mother) but i had a secret!

I had marks & spencer thermals on under all this clothing and i must admit i was glad to get indoors.:hapfeet:
      Yes sometimes you have to look the part! "but you dont have to feel the cold doing it.

• Like Like x 3
      • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
      • shiney

Ratings:
        +122,466
        Yes, moonraker, thermals are quite handy in this weather. I had mine on yesterday for wandering around London. The bitter wind seems to drive down some of the narrow alleys.

Today, we have nothing :heehee:. No rain, no snow, no sleet, no sun, no wind and 0 degrees.

• moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
        +243
        And thermals?:rolleyespink: Today

• moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
        +243
        Talk about holding your plums,

Evening All,
        Im a bit early tonight and its because its freezing here today and ive come in early, logged up the villager (woodburner) and just as i thought i'd sit infront of it watching egg heads (the dogs all spread themselves out infront of the villager and this is why im up stairs in the office talking to you.

The weather this morning was very still & cold and the sky was low, "perfect for snow"

Ive been getting the log cutting kit together ie chain saw/ bow saw/ hatchet and oil /fuel tractor and the box on the tractor to carry me & all this stuff 3 miles away to the woods we're i cut down tree's at this time of the year and store them for future fire fuel, So this sleet & light snow is all i wanted, But thats country life in a nut shell, it's all a bit of a gamble in the winter this wood cutting lark, that's why in weather like this if i was gambling on a slot machine i'd hold my plums (what was you thinking i meant:D)

• Pixie

Pixie Gardener

Ratings:
        +400
        It snowed in the night and it is rather cold. Fruit will like it though:dbgrtmb:

• chitting kaz

chitting kaz Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,616
        wet, cold, more wet and even colder BBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRR
        but no snow

• Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
        Ratings:
        +7,341
        Quote moonraker
        "Ive been getting the log cutting kit together ie chain saw/ bow saw/ hatchet and oil /fuel tractor and the box on the tractor to carry me & all this stuff 3 miles away to the woods we're i cut down tree's at this time of the year and store them for future fire fuel, "
        End Quote

So in France anyone can just wander off into the woods and cut down trees ?

As you know here You can only take windfall, which this month nearby myself is the WHOLE FORREST

There are dozens of guys with chainsaws and 4x4 with trailers cutting and logging
        It is now on Gumtree @£50 per ton £10 local delivery

All the people round here who have just gone wood burner (latest fad)
        are buying it up, I do not think they realise you should not burn green wood, as it gums up the system, glass and flue and should be stored outside under shelter for about two years

This sudden change in supply is causing the mature wood suppliers urgent cash flow difficulties as no one is paying the £85 a ton for mature fire logs

Your original post says you have recently retired and in France, so you have lived there a long time previously then ?

Jack McH

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +53,893
        Cold, dry and sunny today. Our local forecast says the same for the rest of the week, I don't believe that for one minute! :)

• shiney

Ratings:
        +122,466
        No thermals :heehee:. No going outside, as well :D

• Like Like x 1
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.