What's your weather like.? MK3..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Marley Farley, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fearne

fearne Account not Activated

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    I think I would have to bin my robin calendar if the weather here was like that. I wouldn't know which month it was :)

Seems to be a bit hit or miss here today. I hoping the Sun sticks around for a little longer :)

2. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    Oh how its changed; a week ago today it was unseasonably and unbearably hot (well for me anyway :D) at around 30 degrees and today, well; VERY windy and although dry to start with we've just a heavy shower lasting a good 30 minutes, oh and the top temp today - 14 degrees, which is fine for me, but it's that WIND again that i don't like, I've never known a year like it :scratch:, Mother Nature has obviously been eating too many greens or beans :D

3. Val..

Val.. Confessed snail lover

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,951
    Tonight it is VERY chilly here in Surrey!!!

Val

4. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    Well we had to pay for last week.
    Part cloudy and cool with a very strong breeze, are we allowed to say windy? as it appears all weather presenters are only allowed only refer to it as 'breezy' even if it's near gale force but then it sounds better doesn't it??:what:

5. catztail

catztail Crazy Cat Lady

soon to be bus driver
    Ratings:
    +2,250
    Cold,rainy, with thunder and lightning!

6. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    Right now we're having a violent thunderstorm, crazy winds, rain, hail, thunder, lightening!!!, just looking out the back window I can see that my Cannas that have stood up to everything this year are almost horizontal :shocked:

7. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Nightmare Bilbo,

Its got cold down here, rainstorms & rainbows with a colder wind.

8. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,892
    We've had a severe gale here since lunch time today, just starting to die down now. The temperature's dropped in to single figures 8 degrees only. :(

9. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,838
    Mostly fine until early afternoon, which was good because I was cementing posts in, then blustery high winds with heavy showers, temperatures in the low 50f:mad:

10. CosmosGuy

CosmosGuy Gardener

NHS
    Ratings:
    +306
    Seems to be blowing a gale or something here, or has done for the past few hours. High winds, heavy rain and big hale stones. Really lashing against the window.

11. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    Those weather forecasters hey :rolleyespink: :scratch:, the forecast for our area yesterday from noon - "sunny spells and occasional heavy showers backed up with a brisk westerly 'breeze'", in reality from early afternoon we got a few heavy/torrential showers (fair enough, not a bad guess), but then the wind; sorry breeze went past brisk to gale force and just after dark a 2-3 hour spell of torrential rain and hail, accompanied for about 30-40 minutes with winds from hell, thunder and lightening.

Looking at our garden this morning I would sware a mini tornado touched down, Cannas blitzed, pots everywhere, leaves, twigs and some branches everywhere etc; the wind when it was at its worst was like nothing I've ever heard, it really was roaring, it sounded like a train going past the back window :shocked:

Still I'm not one to get worked up about it, clean up operation starts this afternoon and life goes on, thats the good thing about gardening, nothing stands still and things keep growing :thumbsup:

12. CosmosGuy

CosmosGuy Gardener

NHS
    Ratings:
    +306
    I haven't dared look in the back garden yet although some how my flimsy 4 tier greenhouse is still up ( I did put 5 bricks in the bottom :heehee:) although I did notice my spent sweet pea obilisk rolling around the patio :heehee:

That hale was interesting, especially when you're trying to drive across the top of a moor :heehee:

13. maksim

maksim Gardener

Worker in Milan Malpensa Airport
    Castano Primo (Milan), 6 degrees south, 8 degrees
    Ratings:
    +59
    After a Tramontane Northerly wind day that made the highs drop from +28 C to +20 C over yesterday, today it's a cool day with temperature at +20 C, sunshine, deep blue sky and 45 miles of visibility.
    All the Alps range is visible looking north. The Appenine mountains is visible looking south, instead.
    Yesterday a strong wind at 15 Knots had swept the sky and cleaned the air.
    To such an extent that very early this morning - before starting my 6 AM shift at the Airport of Malpensa - the sky looked like a Planetarium with plenty of stars shining and constellations.
    The temperature at the Airport is reported by the bulletin being at +5 C at 6 AM.
    Before sunrising (7:30 AM), the temperature dropped further at +4 C (as reported by Malpensa Airport weather bullettin).
    It has been a large change from the last days' highs at +28 C to the today early morning bitterly cold low at +4 C. Very much so.

14. catztail

catztail Crazy Cat Lady

soon to be bus driver
    Ratings:
    +2,250
    Woke up early today by the rotten cats and when I went out for a chuff I discovered its warmer outside than it is inside. I'd sit out for a while but its raining as well and I don't like having a wet butt.:heehee:

15. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    It was cool and for the most part light rain yesterday..last night we had heavier rain again for a time.

They did forecast warmer weather for today, 20-21 degrees even after 13-14 yesterday!! - BUT it supposed to get "windy" (there's that word again :wallbang:), then gradually falling again as the week goes on, becoming colder again...:rolleyespink:

The weathers all over the place at the moment :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.