What's Your Weather Like...? MK6...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Marley Farley, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
    "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
    Ratings:
    +4,445
  2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,494
    Last night's heavy rain and very strong winds have gone. It's 41F, breezy, dry and sunny.

3. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    Daylight and I am pleased to say the wind and rain have gone; just like a switch being flicked, clear blue skies at the moment and the lightest of breezes....looking good now :)

4. pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,445
    Same here Bilbo, in less than an hour bright sunshine..:ideaIPB:

5. moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
    +243
    Well it's the last day of january 2013 and its raining, as far as the house heat is concerned its not been that bad a month,
    we have the wood burning stove on most of the day and this keeps the house like toast, so we can't complain,
    Ive not long been back from the walkies and ive noticed the some of the trees are getting buds on them,
    nature's clock is all over the place, this happend last year rose's etc getting early buds and then we had a hard late frost and that killed all sorts of early budding plants.

But the wild bird table has been filled with the sun-flower seeds and i know sooner fill it and close the kitchen door and the flight arrives,
    bird after bird and we've a wood pecker thats a regular, he/she or it gets on the table and chucks seed down to the soil area "the black birds love it" that seems tobe their spot for a good feed and so every one's happy.

Ive an area across the far side of the garden where we have two of our old dogs buried,
    they're under the old apple tree and ive a covered bird feeder there,
    its a very peace perfect peace sort of spot and in the summer i have the garden bench sitting under the apple tree,

again the birds go there and feed in a nice safe place
    Infact we only see one cat "grisette" is her name (it means the GREY ONE in english)
    she's a smashing little cat but the 4 dogs keep her in her own garden, she visits of an evening and leaves me calling present's "the odd dead mouse" on the front door step.

Well this rain is on for the day and as ive no plans to go off our beaten track the car wont be started and its a day in the workshop for me.:pathd:
    Have a nice one folks.

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
  7. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,838
    With a temperature of 51f you would think it would feel at the very least mild, but unfortunately there's a stiff cold wind blowing which is making it feel a lot colder.:dunno: :snork:
    Early this morning, [4.10am], there was a huge flash of lightning and a mighty clap of thunder, which woke me up, and then it sounded like my house had been placed under Niagara Falls. You could hear the water cascading off the roof and gutters just like a waterfall! The torrential rain lasted about 15 minutes and then it reverted to heavy rain, but there was only one flash of lightning and one clap of thunder:snork:

• Like Like x 1
    • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Still blowing here and getting stronger...the sun is trying to shine but the clouds keep chasing her off.....

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +53,915
      Armandii, we didn't get the thunder here last night but the wind suddenly picked up and we had hailstones clattering against the windows.

Windy today with a mixture of sun, rain and hailstones. 7C

• Like Like x 1
      • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        4 degrees and the wind has now dropped to a keen breeze,the's talkof snow again tomorrow round these parts:whistle:

• Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
        Ratings:
        +6,654
        Although it stayed dry and sunny yesterday the wind got up again in the afternoon unfortunately...

Still windy this morning and checking the forecast its given moderate to strong winds for most of the next week ahead, only the direction changing from westerly to northerly over the weekend, so getting colder again (nothing like we just had mind)

We've also been given a chance of snow/sleet showers for today into tomorrow loli, but mostly dry on the whole..

• Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
        Ratings:
        +31,845
        Mild here this morning. Gently but steadily raining ................
        When will we ever be able to get out there and plant things again? :eeew:

• Agree Agree x 2
        • pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +4,445
          Been raining all night, but forecast bright spells for later, sky does look lighter grey now 9 deg.

• moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
          +243
          Good morning "drip drip"
          Yes your right its pouring down again and the forcast is its on for the day,
          Roll on summer,
          Its my dogs i feel sorry for they're stuck in the stable all day, the doors open but non of them like the rain and so they tend to lay in their baskets looking at the door and im sure like me hope it'll stop.

But i did see a fox running across the far field early on, (7am ish) and other than that ive not seen any human life and its now 10-30am.
          No plans for going out today but ive a few jobs in the workshop later so heater on /radio likewise and kettle on standby,

Who said retirement was a sad time,

(i dont know how i found time to work)

• stephenprudence

stephenprudence GC Weather Guru

General Asisstant (for now), and full time immatur
          Ratings:
          +2,369
          Gloriously sunny, and 8.0C (46F) so a little chilly, but it's sunny and that's all that matters!

Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.