What's your weather like?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sarraceniac, Apr 23, 2008.

1. mowgley

mowgley Total Gardener

Wanna be gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,626
    Been a lovely warm day, hot in the sun. Everything growing great guns now in the greenhouse!!!

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Morning everyone what a great day yesterday was I was up at 1.30am this morning and it was 19 degrees Celsius wow,and today is promisimg to be even better. :)

3. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Morning Woo and everyone. Such a lovely day yesterday I thought I'd get an early start today and got up an hour earlier. Then all I've done is sit drinking tea for an extra hour. Still it looks like another cracker is on the cards but I could really use some over-night rain now to replenish my water butts. Can someone have a word in the right corner to arrange that please?:D

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning John:) Mr Kandy planted a load of plants at the weekend and now we are having to go out every night to water them.We could do with the rain as well to water them in and we only have one water butt so are having to use the hose pipe.:rolleyes:

I expect by the end of the week they will be talking of hose pipe bans like they usually do:(

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, John, Kandy and all.

Bubbling hot yesterday spent most of it in the garden and was rewarded will a fair old bit of sun burn but lucky for me it's already going brown, strange how Bob didn't get burnt at all and he's a ginger ninja!

Looks like we are going to be another fine day today but it looks like Bob will have to start watering the garden this evening. Have a lovely day guys and girls and enjoy it while it lasts.:DHel.xxx.

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo,John Kandy and all,back from an early morning spin through the Cheshire countryside this is my kind of weather the hotter the better going into my true walnut mode tan coming along nicely,John if your short of water i'll bring you some over,what I do is use the water out of my fish pond for watering purposes it contains nitrates of the fish wastes and is at ambiant temperature at the end of the week I top the pond up with tap water so win all round,have a great day everyone.:thumb:

7. jimbo1951

jimbo1951 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good Morning Everyone hear in Buckinhamshire it's a lovly day sun shining, wow what a hot one yesterday I had to give up in the garden with the heat was putting a pond in finished it earlie this morning 5am sun not so bad then well back out now water in the green house do the beds tonight well this eavning put sprinkler on while I can as has been said befor could be hosepipe ban by end of week lol
    have a good day all
    Jim

8. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Another great day.

Jimbo, youve got the right idea, I love early morning starts. A lot of my contract strimming work is done early starting at 6am that way by 9.30am its done and onto other stuff. Fantastic sunrises this time of day aswell.

9. jimbo1951

jimbo1951 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    :thumb: another hot day hear in bucks to hot to work in garden glad i got out there earlie and did it all.
    jimbo

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,another hot night i'm wondering now when this will be officially declared a heatwave and watering restrictions are put in place,cann't be long now,off for a flier now catch up later,have a good day everyone.:thumb:

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Another great day yesterday although in the night it was just a little too hot and sticky for my liking but then you can't have it all your own way. Looks like it's going to be another nice day although I'm sure it's not going to be as hot as yesterday!:)Hel.xxx.

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Morning Helen and Walnut all its goimg to be 24 degrees C today Gorgeous.

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Bit cool at the moment but that is all set to change once the sun climbs upwards.It was really hot yesterday but at least we had a nice breeze which made it bearable.I am starting to wake up and feel refreshed now after my being down in the dumps with the winter.Enjoy your day everyone whatever you decide to do with it:thumb:

14. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Good Morning everyone:) Dry but overcast here.
    Kandy ..I know just how you feel , Sun and warmth is so uplifting:thumb:

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,475