What's your weather like?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sarraceniac, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

No rain this morning although yesterday it rained all day but I was allowed to play in the greenhouse so both the garden and me were very happy it rained!:D Hel.xxx.

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning Woo you just popped in there at the same time as me! :D Hel.xxx.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Greetings everyone,well we had so much torrential rain last night after the rain showers all day yesterday.We have had so much I am suprised that the house hasn't floated away,ooops perhaps I shouldn't tempt fate:rolleyes:

Pal,I know what you mean about leaving this wet island of ours but even on the continent they often have bad weather and in some countries it is so hot in the summer that they are confined to the house for days because of the heat or they end up with forest fires etc:(

Not sure what it is going to do today but I expect it will be rain.The slugs and snails are in abundance in the garden at the moment:(

PS talking of which some chap on the TV is in the process of eaten snails :eek:

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning all, a fantastic morning here, blue skys & sunshine... Everything is still dripping wet & it is getting a little misty as the sun warms up... Looking good for a smashing day....:)

Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing..!:thumb:

5. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning everyone,

Well it finally looks sunny, hooray. Time to cut the grass, booo.

Have a nice day

cheers

6. Lyn

Lyn Gardener

Industrial carpet machinist
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi all.
    Well it's stopped raining at last.
    A bit dull and damp .
    But I live in hope of a dry day with a little sun maybe.
    I have hung out washing :D
    As ever ,the optimist :thumb:

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,
    Bright and sunny today :thumb: :D

Pal, I can understand your apprehension but I'm not sure the weather is a good reason for moving to France. Our climate, in general, is improving but it is a bit erratic. France has also been having some very wet weather and our friends that live in the South of France have said they are thinking of moving back to England. They have had dreadfully heavy rain for the last month and the summers have been getting much too hot. I suppose that moving to some higher ground is one solution but it is difficult up sticks and start again. We have all got our fingers crossed for you :thumb: :) - but it is making typing rather difficult :D

8. mztrouble

mztrouble Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    beautiful day here - need to get weeding!!

9. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Nice enough this morning to cut the grass and put the washing out but I don't like the look of some of those clouds that keep coming over. Off to get some netting now for my last lot of seeds I put in day before yesterday. Oh and after finding one of my peppers with its head severed this morning in my little glass fronted shed it is now all out war on snails and slugs! I tried to be nice offering them coffee instead and did they take note no well blow being green anymore its all out war now.:mad:

10. mztrouble

mztrouble Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    we are infested with them too moyra. Have tried everything, but to no avail. Grrrrr - evil blighters!

11. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    mztrouble are you now like us rained off the gardening again. I did get my washing dry and my grass cut but when I got back with the netting to cover my new lot of seeds it tipped it down again and my kagul I discovered is not waterproof when it comes down that hard so its more washing in the tub half washed already! Still I persevered and got the netting over the grow bags so they are safe and I have been liberal with the slug pellets against my better judgement. :o

12. mztrouble

mztrouble Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    just come in now Moyra because of the rain - was ok till then though!

Sounds like you had an 'interesting' time with the kagul and netting!!!!

I've just put down slug pellets too - I do worry about my cat and the hedgehog that visits with them though!!

Man in the garden centre laughed at me buying pellets, rose clear and loads of camelia (as my camelias - which are usually beautiful are looking a little under-nourished) and rose food. Then my ladybird and bat boxes - he said I was a walking contradiction!!!

13. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Smashing day here ,but just had to run for it from the garden because of a heck of a storm:mad:,so that's put paid to my evening potter!
    Re Slugs and Snails,Mrs Pal is a childminder and she gets the rug rats to collect any they see,pop them into a bucket ,then take it with them out into the fields when they go for a walk and ...'release' them :thumb:

14. Slinky

Slinky Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Typical,Its been dry all day and i get home from work and it starts to Rain:(

15. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1