What's your weather like?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sarraceniac, Apr 23, 2008.

1. mztrouble

mztrouble Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    sooooo gorgeous today, warm and sunny and windy - perfect sailing weather - just a shame to be at work!!!

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,overcast today just the odd break in the cloud hopefully these will get bigger,had enough of these strong winds that keep blowing up they're playing havoc with all my pots blowing over, having to put pieces of paving slab on them to hold them down which doesn't look very nice,have a good day everyone.:thumb:

3. hammer

hammer Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    sunshine here in lincs and the wind as dropped.
    have a nice day.

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning all, well it was overcast first thing, but the sun is breaking through now... :eek: Yes, I am fed up with standing pots back up too Walnut.. Have moved some of mine around the corner where it is more sheltered..!:)

:thumb: Here's hoping for a great day & I hope everyone else has a goods one too..!

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Still very sunny but the forecast isn't good :eek:. But we need the rain :thumb: :)

6. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Morning all.

The weather doesn't seem to know what its going to do..so its a question of wait and see...but we have had enough rain now thank you gawd....if your listening. Heh,heh.

7. crofthouse

crofthouse Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    After weeks of bright sunshine, we finally got some rain 2 days ago. today its chilly but bright, with big clouds passing by. Not what the weatherman promised at all - supposed to be warm and sunny all day! We rarely get what's forecast here - this little corner of Scotland has its own microclimate; the forecast rain hits 5 or 6 miles up the road, but we get something totally different!

Anthony

8. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning,
    Sunny - above the clouds! I think it will brighten up, was lovely first thing. Agree with you all about the winds, they've been quite strong but not enough to blow any pots over - yet!

cheers

9. midnightrose

midnightrose Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I hadn't even noticed the weather. Just looked out of the window and it's raining. Boo!

10. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Well it turned out to be beautiful here in [​IMG] :thumb:

11. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Good Morning everyone.

Well it is the summer solstice and I'm up to welcome the sunrise BUT... yep, it's cloudy, dull and damp here in Deepest Devon this morning!

But the birds are singing, the air is fresh and clear and it is the slow wind-down to winter from here on, so have a great day folks, keep smiling whatever the weather and celebrate nature and all her lovely growing things before the long nights draw in again!

Love Kath

12. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    :)Morning all,late on here this morning due to prior arrangements to meet the sun on this midsummer day its quite nice out there at the moment but cloud moving in and a wet day forecast,I will post this mornings sunrise pictures shortly on the "members hobbies" thread,have a good weekend everybody.:thumb:

13. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    It will be nice to see your midsummer sunrise Walnut - thanks :)

14. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Walnut I think Midsummers day is June 24th and yesterday was the longest day as it is a leap year so Mr Kandy was told at work yesterday because it is a leap year.I Googled it and it seems to be right:rolleyes: but I thought with a leap year everything goes one day forward like our Birthdays:)

It is chucking it down here,but don't know what time it started.I do hope Pal's daughter and Fiance have it sunny because it is one day in your life that you want it fine and dry:)

15. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6